Re: [AT_Sprint] Suggestion for "sales plan" for new MTR rig

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
      > When the "sale" was closed, this person selected the winner(s) at
      > random.

      Well, the thought of a raffle did cross my mind. Hard to say if we'll really
      need it or not. So far, only members of this group know about the rig,
      though there are over a 1000 members. Of course, no way of knowing how many
      keep up with the group on a frequent basies.

      I was going to wait a bit, but this is what I've been thinking. Break it
      down into groups.

      I'll put aside a few to take to Dayton for those who want to wait until
      then. That might be a dozen or so at the most.

      The second group will be those who intend to use the rig for what it was
      designed for - SOTA or backpacking trips. This of course will have to be on
      the honor system and no telling how big a group this is.

      The third group will be every one else, limit one per person. If there are
      any left over after that, a second one can be ordered.

      Sound fair enough?

      Steve KD1JV
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
        Sound fair enough?

        Steve KD1JV

        Yes, It sounds very fair, and the 1(one) per person is a great idea.
        Thanks Steve

        Gary- W4GNS

        ------------------------------------
      • cloud runner
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
          Whatever you want is fair, Steve, since you are kitting them.

          An additional thought (since you asked): one per customer at the initial
          offering, requests for additional kits wait listed for a first few days,
          then filled as available.

          72, Fred - kt5x

          >> When the "sale" was closed, this person selected the winner(s) at
          >> random.
          >
          > Well, the thought of a raffle did cross my mind. Hard to say if we'll
          > really
          > need it or not. So far, only members of this group know about the rig,
          > though there are over a 1000 members. Of course, no way of knowing how
          > many
          > keep up with the group on a frequent basies.
          >
          > I was going to wait a bit, but this is what I've been thinking. Break it
          > down into groups.
          >
          > I'll put aside a few to take to Dayton for those who want to wait until
          > then. That might be a dozen or so at the most.
          >
          > The second group will be those who intend to use the rig for what it was
          > designed for - SOTA or backpacking trips. This of course will have to be
          > on
          > the honor system and no telling how big a group this is.
          >
          > The third group will be every one else, limit one per person. If there are
          > any left over after that, a second one can be ordered.
          >
          > Sound fair enough?
          >
          > Steve KD1JV

        • Michael Harnage
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
            So how does one decide how big the groups are to be? What will make it fair? We're starting to sound like politicians. The truth is, there will be more demand than supply and the classic answer is to raise prices. Wait did I just say that? Ha ha. Glad it's Steve's decision and not mine.

            -mike/w1mt

            I was going to wait a bit, but this is what I've been thinking. Break it
            down into groups.

          • William
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
              I think a more fair approach would be to have two groups, those who already have an ATS and those that don't. There always seems to be a few guys who just missed the boat getting one. So maybe 3-5 days for the ATS virgins then open it up to the rest of us. It would be on the honor system. Those who try to scam the system by getting their buddy to buy for they will suffer eternal pangs of guilt with every QSO.

              Bill/wv1n

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

              > > When the "sale" was closed, this person selected the winner(s) at
              > > random.
              >
              > Well, the thought of a raffle did cross my mind. Hard to say if we'll really
              > need it or not. So far, only members of this group know about the rig,
              > though there are over a 1000 members. Of course, no way of knowing how many
              > keep up with the group on a frequent basies.
              >
              > I was going to wait a bit, but this is what I've been thinking. Break it
              > down into groups.
              >
              > I'll put aside a few to take to Dayton for those who want to wait until
              > then. That might be a dozen or so at the most.
              >
              > The second group will be those who intend to use the rig for what it was
              > designed for - SOTA or backpacking trips. This of course will have to be on
              > the honor system and no telling how big a group this is.
              >
              > The third group will be every one else, limit one per person. If there are
              > any left over after that, a second one can be ordered.
              >
              > Sound fair enough?
              >
              > Steve KD1JV

            • Ron Eike
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012
                By Dayton I hope you mean FDIM! Would you lump IOTA with SOTA and
                backpacking?

                Ron - KA3PSO

                On 03/04/2012 05:48 PM, Steven Weber wrote:
                >> When the "sale" was closed, this person selected the winner(s) at
                >> random.
                > Well, the thought of a raffle did cross my mind. Hard to say if we'll really
                > need it or not. So far, only members of this group know about the rig,
                > though there are over a 1000 members. Of course, no way of knowing how many
                > keep up with the group on a frequent basies.
                >
                > I was going to wait a bit, but this is what I've been thinking. Break it
                > down into groups.
                >
                > I'll put aside a few to take to Dayton for those who want to wait until
                > then. That might be a dozen or so at the most.
                >
                > The second group will be those who intend to use the rig for what it was
                > designed for - SOTA or backpacking trips. This of course will have to be on
                > the honor system and no telling how big a group this is.
                >
                > The third group will be every one else, limit one per person. If there are
                > any left over after that, a second one can be ordered.
                >
                > Sound fair enough?
                >
                > Steve KD1JV

                > .

              • Tim Goodrich
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012

                  One way to verify people who fit within the SOTA group (group #2) would be to just check the SOTA website and see if they’ve activated any peaks before. It would be harder to verify those who backpack but don’t do SOTA.

                  Tim

                  K6TW

                • Paul Mateer
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 12, 2012
                    what if one doesn't do SOTA (like us flatlanders here in IL) That's discrimination ;o)  I like the "James Bond" factor of small radios... HI HI

                    --
                    Paul Mateer, AA9GG
                    Elan Engineering Corp.