Re: ATS-3B

  • aripple@bevcom.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2012

    Just a few ideas to share with other ATS-3B users

    First the extra Altoids tin lined with Great Plaines single sided wing seating tape

    (See the attached photo) it holds the extra band boards nicely.

    Second take a look at the boards and see I dripped candle wax on them to stop them from moving around and it did not effect operation .

    Thanks for looking

    Arthur NS7E

    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2012

      Very nicely done Arthur,
      Well done!
      --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

      To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
      From: aripple@...
      Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 15:33:44 -0600
      Subject: [AT_Sprint] Re: ATS-3B [3 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from aripple@... included below]

      Just a few ideas to share with other ATS-3B users

      First the extra Altoids tin lined with Great Plaines single sided wing seating tape

      (See the attached photo) it holds the extra band boards nicely.

      Second take a look at the boards and see I dripped candle wax on them to stop them from moving around and it did not effect operation .

      Thanks for looking

      Arthur NS7E

    • ve3wmb
      Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2012
        Arthur :

        Good stuff !

        I did something similar for the band modules for my ATS-3A.
        I took a spare Altoids tin and cut a piece of anti-static foam (the stuff that you
        stick ICs in) and glued it to the inside of the tin. The foam is thick enough that
        I can plug the band modules into it and they stay put.

        I was also concerned about damaging the toroids on the band modules (especially
        the 80m module as the wires are really small) so I used a Doug Hendricks trick
        that I gleaned from building the commercial version of KD1JVs ALT Tuner.
        I put a tiny sliver of hot glue between the toroids and the band module board and gently
        heated with hot air until it melted.

        Michael VE3WMB