Re: [AT_Sprint] A picture of the programming connection on the board?

  • Paul Mateer
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
      I find it funny that the new technology of microprocessors requires
      old pc technology to program them.... ;o)

      --
      Paul Mateer, AA9GG
      Elan Engineering Corp.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
        On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 08:36 -0600, Paul Mateer wrote:
        > I find it funny that the new technology of microprocessors requires
        > old pc technology to program them.... ;o)

        No. I have USB programmers here. Those that do not wish to spend money
        on the new programmers and want to use old methods are stuck using old
        PC technology :0

        I have serial programmers, USB programmers, and a full JTAG debugger
        that is USB.

        73,
        Chris k4fh
      • Michael Harnage
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
          Not really. Just the cheap ones of us (Of which I am one :) ). The tech for USB programmers is there and available.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
              This is one reason I use Atom based PC with XP in shack!
              Still come supplied with parallel and serial ports.
              Tim W4YN

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Paul Mateer <paul.aa9gg@...> wrote:

              > I find it funny that the new technology of microprocessors requires
              > old pc technology to program them.... ;o)
              >
              > --
              > Paul Mateer, AA9GG
              > Elan Engineering Corp.
              > www.elanengr.com
              > NAQCC 3123, SKCC 4628, FPQRP 2003

            • Hank Greeb

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
                  Will the programming program work with Windows 98?  I have an olde laptop which has 133 MHz processor, 6.4 gig hard drive, 98 meg RAM, and a serial and parallel port.  It doesn't have enough "ooommmppphhh" to run Windows XP.

                  The IDE version installed with FET_R303 will work with Win95, 98 and XP. This is the version I use and is compatable with the project file included in the MPS folder.

                  Steve
                • Hank Greeb
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
                    Thanks, Steve:

                    On 1/6/2012 6:23 PM, Steven Weber wrote:
                    Will the programming program work with Windows 98?  I have an olde laptop which has 133 MHz processor, 6.4 gig hard drive, 98 meg RAM, and a serial and parallel port.  It doesn't have enough "ooommmppphhh" to run Windows XP.

                    The IDE version installed with FET_R303 will work with Win95, 98 and XP. This is the version I use and is compatable with the project file included in the MPS folder.

                    Steve
                  • Gil WA5YKK
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
                      Steve;

                       I'm taking a huge chance in this reply, but the only real "changes" from 98SE to today's whizz-bang OS that I've seen is to run more applications about the same time. I'm playing an "old" computer game on my XP based 'puter that did fine on 98SE, now I have only half the controls, strictly on the keyboard. With the size of memory you mention, I'd think that you might be safe, just give it a try.
                        Hoping that you and everyone can be spared the dizzy head and back pains of whatever bug or virus I seem to be struggling with, darn winter, though!

                      GL, 73's
                      Gil WA5YKK (50 + years & counting, will keep the call due to how unique it is!)
                    • rasteenb
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 7, 2012
                        Thanks Mike - I'll give it a try.

                        Cheers,