Re: My-OK1IAK- PSK/CW Reader

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2011
      Greetings to the group!

      I've been taking a bit of a break (a year isn't THAT long) and just got my 560' of wire back in the trees. New trees, here on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.

      I do have one of the OK1IAK/KD1JV Morse/PSK readers It's still in the heat sealed bag. I can't for the life of me remember how much I paid for this? I think I got one when they first came out.

      So, if one of you can remember how much these kits sold for back then, I will put this one on the market.

      I look forward to catching up with what's new in the ATS world.

      Stephen
      VE7NSD

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "ralandsman" <rlandsman@...> wrote:

      > Haven't seen this kit before. Are there any still available?
      >
      > Rich - N1DDY
      >
      > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "wa6ltv" <wa6ltv@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Good Evening;
      > >
      > > I was asked to post a few pictures of my completed OK1IAK PSK/CW Reader project. I completed it shortly after it came out.
      > >
      > > The pictures are under my call, WA6LTV in the Sprint photo section.
      > >
      > > I put my PSK/CW Reader in an Altoids tin with the 900 ma battery under the board.
      > > I also changed the switches so I could close the lid without having to
      > > drill any holes or damage the lid in any way. I had to use a "little fuse", as a B+ switch to remove all B+ during assembly. The B+ rail runs around the perimeter of the board and you can't touch the edges at all or you will damage the charging chip. As I found out the hard way.
      > >
      > > I just plug in my charger and charge up the LiPo battery, when it needs charging. It will run for many hours on the battery charge.
      > >
      > > I must say having the PSK/CW Reader with power, all ready to go in one package sure makes for alot easy fun.
      > >
      > > I will post some pictures of my Sprint set ups soon.
      > >
      > > Thanks;
      > > Chuck Nolin
      > > WA6LTV

    • Jim Hurwitz
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2011
        It was $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

        On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Stephen <swandling@...> wrote:

        Greetings to the group!

        I've been taking a bit of a break (a year isn't THAT long) and just got my 560' of wire back in the trees. New trees, here on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.

        I do have one of the OK1IAK/KD1JV Morse/PSK readers It's still in the heat sealed bag. I can't for the life of me remember how much I paid for this? I think I got one when they first came out.

        So, if one of you can remember how much these kits sold for back then, I will put this one on the market.

        I look forward to catching up with what's new in the ATS world.

        Stephen
        VE7NSD

        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "ralandsman" <rlandsman@...> wrote:

        > Haven't seen this kit before. Are there any still available?
        >
        > Rich - N1DDY
        >
        > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "wa6ltv" <wa6ltv@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Good Evening;
        > >
        > > I was asked to post a few pictures of my completed OK1IAK PSK/CW Reader project. I completed it shortly after it came out.
        > >
        > > The pictures are under my call, WA6LTV in the Sprint photo section.
        > >
        > > I put my PSK/CW Reader in an Altoids tin with the 900 ma battery under the board.
        > > I also changed the switches so I could close the lid without having to
        > > drill any holes or damage the lid in any way. I had to use a "little fuse", as a B+ switch to remove all B+ during assembly. The B+ rail runs around the perimeter of the board and you can't touch the edges at all or you will damage the charging chip. As I found out the hard way.
        > >
        > > I just plug in my charger and charge up the LiPo battery, when it needs charging. It will run for many hours on the battery charge.
        > >
        > > I must say having the PSK/CW Reader with power, all ready to go in one package sure makes for alot easy fun.
        > >
        > > I will post some pictures of my Sprint set ups soon.
        > >
        > > Thanks;
        > > Chuck Nolin
        > > WA6LTV

      • Stephen Wandling
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2011
          Thanks Jim.

          In view of the Occupy Wall Street movement, I will suppress my greed and ignore the incredible 'collectors' value of this historic kit.  ;-)

          $35 it is, shipped to Canada or the US.

          Stephen
          VE7NSD

          On 17/10/2011 12:37 PM, Jim Hurwitz wrote: It was $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

          On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Stephen <swandling@...> wrote:

          Greetings to the group!

          I've been taking a bit of a break (a year isn't THAT long) and just got my 560' of wire back in the trees. New trees, here on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.

          I do have one of the OK1IAK/KD1JV Morse/PSK readers It's still in the heat sealed bag. I can't for the life of me remember how much I paid for this? I think I got one when they first came out.

          So, if one of you can remember how much these kits sold for back then, I will put this one on the market.

          I look forward to catching up with what's new in the ATS world.

          Stephen
          VE7NSD

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "ralandsman" <rlandsman@...> wrote:

          > Haven't seen this kit before. Are there any still available?
          >
          > Rich - N1DDY
          >
          > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "wa6ltv" <wa6ltv@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Good Evening;
          > >
          > > I was asked to post a few pictures of my completed OK1IAK PSK/CW Reader project. I completed it shortly after it came out.
          > >
          > > The pictures are under my call, WA6LTV in the Sprint photo section.
          > >
          > > I put my PSK/CW Reader in an Altoids tin with the 900 ma battery under the board.
          > > I also changed the switches so I could close the lid without having to
          > > drill any holes or damage the lid in any way. I had to use a "little fuse", as a B+ switch to remove all B+ during assembly. The B+ rail runs around the perimeter of the board and you can't touch the edges at all or you will damage the charging chip. As I found out the hard way.
          > >
          > > I just plug in my charger and charge up the LiPo battery, when it needs charging. It will run for many hours on the battery charge.
          > >
          > > I must say having the PSK/CW Reader with power, all ready to go in one package sure makes for alot easy fun.
          > >
          > > I will post some pictures of my Sprint set ups soon.
          > >
          > > Thanks;
          > > Chuck Nolin
          > > WA6LTV

        • Rich Arland
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 17, 2011
            Stephen:

            Ill take it if it's still available. For the new QRP book.

            73
            Rich Arland, K7SZ
            Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
            "Cogito Ergo CQ" ("I think therefore I HAM")
            Author: "The ARRL's Low Power Communications, the Art and Science of QRP" (all 3 editions)
            Editor: "QRP POWER", QST Magazine (Jan 2000 to Dec 2003)
            Editor: "The Learning Curve", CQ Magazine

            To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
            From: swandling@...
            Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:25:28 -0700
            Subject: Re: [AT_Sprint] Re: My-OK1IAK- PSK/CW Reader

            Thanks Jim.

            In view of the Occupy Wall Street movement, I will suppress my greed and ignore the incredible 'collectors' value of this historic kit.  ;-)

            $35 it is, shipped to Canada or the US.

            Stephen
            VE7NSD

            On 17/10/2011 12:37 PM, Jim Hurwitz wrote:
            It was $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

            On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Stephen <swandling@...> wrote:

            Greetings to the group!

            I've been taking a bit of a break (a year isn't THAT long) and just got my 560' of wire back in the trees. New trees, here on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.

            I do have one of the OK1IAK/KD1JV Morse/PSK readers It's still in the heat sealed bag. I can't for the life of me remember how much I paid for this? I think I got one when they first came out.

            So, if one of you can remember how much these kits sold for back then, I will put this one on the market.

            I look forward to catching up with what's new in the ATS world.

            Stephen
            VE7NSD

            --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "ralandsman" <rlandsman@...> wrote:

            > Haven't seen this kit before. Are there any still available?
            >
            > Rich - N1DDY
            >
            > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "wa6ltv" <wa6ltv@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Good Evening;
            > >
            > > I was asked to post a few pictures of my completed OK1IAK PSK/CW Reader project. I completed it shortly after it came out.
            > >
            > > The pictures are under my call, WA6LTV in the Sprint photo section.
            > >
            > > I put my PSK/CW Reader in an Altoids tin with the 900 ma battery under the board.
            > > I also changed the switches so I could close the lid without having to
            > > drill any holes or damage the lid in any way. I had to use a "little fuse", as a B+ switch to remove all B+ during assembly. The B+ rail runs around the perimeter of the board and you can't touch the edges at all or you will damage the charging chip. As I found out the hard way.
            > >
            > > I just plug in my charger and charge up the LiPo battery, when it needs charging. It will run for many hours on the battery charge.
            > >
            > > I must say having the PSK/CW Reader with power, all ready to go in one package sure makes for alot easy fun.
            > >
            > > I will post some pictures of my Sprint set ups soon.
            > >
            > > Thanks;
            > > Chuck Nolin
            > > WA6LTV

          • Stephen Wandling

              Author: "The ARRL's Low Power Communications, the Art and Science of QRP" (all 3 editions)

              To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
              From: swandling@...
              Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:25:28 -0700

              Thanks Jim.

              In view of the Occupy Wall Street movement, I will suppress my greed and ignore the incredible 'collectors' value of this historic kit.  ;-)

              $35 it is, shipped to Canada or the US.

              Stephen
              VE7NSD

              On 17/10/2011 12:37 PM, Jim Hurwitz wrote:
              It was $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

              On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Stephen <swandling@...> wrote:

              Greetings to the group!

              I've been taking a bit of a break (a year isn't THAT long) and just got my 560' of wire back in the trees. New trees, here on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.

              I do have one of the OK1IAK/KD1JV Morse/PSK readers It's still in the heat sealed bag. I can't for the life of me remember how much I paid for this? I think I got one when they first came out.

              So, if one of you can remember how much these kits sold for back then, I will put this one on the market.

              I look forward to catching up with what's new in the ATS world.

              Stephen
              VE7NSD

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "ralandsman" <rlandsman@...> wrote:

              > Haven't seen this kit before. Are there any still available?
              >
              > Rich - N1DDY
              >
              > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "wa6ltv" <wa6ltv@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Good Evening;
              > >
              > > I was asked to post a few pictures of my completed OK1IAK PSK/CW Reader project. I completed it shortly after it came out.
              > >
              > > The pictures are under my call, WA6LTV in the Sprint photo section.
              > >
              > > I put my PSK/CW Reader in an Altoids tin with the 900 ma battery under the board.
              > > I also changed the switches so I could close the lid without having to
              > > drill any holes or damage the lid in any way. I had to use a "little fuse", as a B+ switch to remove all B+ during assembly. The B+ rail runs around the perimeter of the board and you can't touch the edges at all or you will damage the charging chip. As I found out the hard way.
              > >
              > > I just plug in my charger and charge up the LiPo battery, when it needs charging. It will run for many hours on the battery charge.
              > >
              > > I must say having the PSK/CW Reader with power, all ready to go in one package sure makes for alot easy fun.
              > >
              > > I will post some pictures of my Sprint set ups soon.
              > >
              > > Thanks;
              > > Chuck Nolin
              > > WA6LTV

            • Richard
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 20, 2011
                Not a problem. Chuck Nolin, WA6LTV, was your #1 and he picked it up for me!!! I love that guy!!!

                Thanks es I'll be in touch for the upcoming book in case I have any questions.