Re: [AT_Sprint] ATS-3B Final Replacement and Heat Sink

  • Rob Locher W7GH
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2011
      On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:21:32 -0700, George Carey Fuller KX0R
      <careyfuller@...> wrote:

      > Several weeks ago I had to replace the finals in my ATS-3B.
      >
      > I replaced the 2N7000 mosfets with BS170 devices. I also added a small
      > copper heat sink. I'm delighted with the results.
      >
      > I wrote a detailed account of what I did and posted it here in the Files
      > section. Please open up the pdf file ATS-3B Final Replacement and Heat
      > Sink if you're interested.
      >
      > There are several photos posted here in the Photos section showing the
      > heat sink and how it's clamped across the three final mosfets. These
      > are the last 4 images in my folder (KX0R).

      [snip]

      Very interesting! I would think that the heat sink would give your new
      finals enough cooling to be reliable. If you do blow a final, you'll
      surely tell us. Thanks for sharing your results with the group! By the
      way, the ATS-3B.1 also uses BS170s for finals.

      73,
      - Rob W7GH