Re: new Bands for ATS3 - the second

  • aeidenva
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2007
      Hi, Your work is very interesting but I hve a question about the SW
      fixes you have reimplemented. One SW fix handles an audio bump at the
      end of every character. I am using the ATS3 a lot for contesting and
      sometimes I have the rig hooked up to my computer and working in
      straight key mode. I assume the fix for this audio hump is included in
      your version.

      Keep up the good work

      Anders Eidenvall, SM5EFX

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Lutz Bergner <l.bergner@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > SNIP
      >
      > - Did merge in all fixes to the old version of Steves Firmware with the
      > "altband" feature included. Now it is equivalent to the 02-20-06
      > release. All my modifications are commented. Though it's not much :
      > 9996KHz (RWM) calibration for EU, 60MHz refclock, additional bands
      > enabled, swapped paddles (not included) .
      > One little thing is still left to do - 17m puts out a "ATS-1" like 160m
      > instead of "ATS-7". Steves permition provided I will put the commented
      > source together with schemas and photos into my gallery.
      >

      > 72s
      >
      > Lutz, a happy DL2HRP

    • Lutz Bergner
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2007
        Hi Anders,

        Here's what I did exactly. I took the firmware version 27.MAR.06 from
        the W1MT webpage and made a "diff" against the version with the altband
        feature which is older. Then I manually merged in Steves fixes which I
        extracted with the diff command (on my Linux PC - diff is a Linux
        command to compare textfiles). I then changed the reference calibration
        to the frequency of RWM 9996KHz which is better for us Europeans and the
        bandmessage for 17m to "ATS-7". Thats all.
        Steves straight key fix should already be included. One important thing.
        This version is not ATS3A aware but somebody who needs it could easily
        incorporate the altband feature into a recent ATS3A aware version.

        72s

        Lutz,DL2HRP