RE: [AT_Sprint] ATS-3b.1 "Red toroid" Manual Needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 MB
    Yes the "optimized" values do work, nicely. Attached is a PDF that will be helpful too.
    Have fun, they are such a good kit too.
    You can also add a switch and a 5 ohm resistor, to allow a much longer "tuneup" and tuner adjustment, along with a
    much extended battery life. It lets the radio run nearly 9 v on a 12 battery... and at 6v on a 9v battery.
    I have the button covers too, if you want those. They work pretty cool, touchy to put on, tho, because the switch actuators need to be cut down a bit.
    Have a bunch of fun with it,

    --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

    To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
    From: bnp@...
    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:41:57 -0500
    Subject: [AT_Sprint] ATS-3b.1 "Red toroid" Manual Needed

    I'm finally getting around to building my ATS-3b.1, and I'm to the
    filter boards. I had been using the version of the manual in the files
    section, not the one that came on the CD. I discovered I didn't have
    any white toroids, so I dug around in the archives and found out I had
    the "red toroid" version of the kit. Unfortunately, I can't find the
    CD that Steve sent me.

    Could someone send me the PDF of the ATS-3b.1 manual that has
    instructions for building the filter boards with the red toroids, as
    opposed to the white toroids?

    On a related note, I see that someone went to the trouble of
    optimizing the filter boards for the ATS-3b. Does anyone know if those
    values will work for the ATS-3b.1?

    Thanks,
    Ben
    WF5N