E-code during TX

  • Steve_wG0AT
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 9:42 AM
      Recently during the middle of QSOs my ATS3b quits showing "E" in the
      display? Any clue what's up with that?

      I'm using a 10,5vdc Lithium battery. Fresh charge they come up to
      11.2vdc but I measured them when the ATS quit and it said
      10,5V? ..any clues?

      My vertical dipole antenna measured 1.4:1 on the MFJ259 so I'm pretty
      sure the TX wasn't unhappy with the load it was seeing?

      Clueless, Steve wGOAT
    • Michael Harnage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 10:18 AM
        Measure battery under load.

        Try with a known good fixed power supply, wall wart or linear supply.

        -mike/w1mt
      • steve_wg0at
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 11:02 AM
          Does the "E" mean an voltage to low?

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

          > Measure battery under load.
          >
          > Try with a known good fixed power supply, wall wart or linear supply.
          >
          > -mike/w1mt

        • Michael Harnage
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 11:14 AM
            From the 3B manual.

            "If the current exceeds about 800 ma, the over current detector will cause a
            reset condition and as a result, turn off the transmitter, the likely cause of the over current condition. If an over
            current reset occurs, the letter ā€œEā€ will appear on the display and will remain until the MENU switch is clicked."
          • Michael Harnage
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 11:16 AM
              Oh yeah, try testing with a known good dummy load as well, to see if you trip the reset ("E").

              -mike/w1mt