RE: [AT_Sprint] Re: ATS4a 2nd run build question

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
      As you peak each cap, having the switches already set to the selected band, the peak of each cap, as you tune through or past the peak, then as you continue to turn the cap you should reach another peak before you turn the cap a full 360 degrees. IF you only reach one peak while tuning, the full 360 degree, then I would be very concerned that you are not reaching the "peak" but only reaching for it, before the cap runs out of tuning range.
        If you have retuned numerous times, and still find that careful and slowly turning the cap only provides one peak, then something is not allowing the tuned circuit to be "peaked".
      There is a small interaction between the caps, so retuning may help.
      Seems you've gotten audio like it is supposed to. That's great!
        Good Luck, with the tuning.

      --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

      To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
      From: ikallio1@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 05:02:58 +0000
      Subject: [AT_Sprint] Re: ATS4a 2nd run build question

      I just swapped the caps C55 and C61. Quite a bit of work to
      unsolder the antenna and power jacks to get the board out
      of the case, then resolder them again putting it back. Also
      I almost destroyed both caps unsoldering them, but
      it was worth it since it fixed my "anemic" audio level issue,
      the rig sounds really great now. I actually had to use the
      AFG control to turn the volume down quite a bit :-)
      I'm a happy camper!

      If you have the ATS-4a 2nd run radio, and you have the quiet audio
      problem, then it's definitely worth it doing the fix.

      I have now peaked the trimmers for 2 bands and will
      continue with the other bands shortly. When I say I find only
      one peak I mean there only seems one pair of setting values for
      the 2 trimmers of a band that maximizes the audio level. Are
      there supposed to be more peaks?

      Thanks,
      Ilkka kf7ldx