ATS-4 with only CSxx and TUNE on the function switch

  • nm5s
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      I recently finished the build of my ATS-4. The first trouble found is that the first push of the function switch displays CS20, the next TUNE, but no other options.

      Other observations are that the LCD display has shaded circle in the lower left that doesn't go away, although I can read multiple display lines. Also I hear audio on the 80m band from a signal generator, but nothing but hiss on 40, 20, and 15. (My Elecraft XG2 signal generator only has fixed outputs or harmonics available for those frequencies.) Also the input filter trimmers don't appear to have any effect. I have measured OK continuity through the low-pass filter networks on all bands. I successfully got two ATS-3b rigs going, so I believe I have a properly assembled and soldered assembly.
      Suggestions please.

      NM5S
      Alan
      Santa Fe, NM