ats-3

  • rustytrap2003
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
      has any one tryed to get more audio out of this little guy ? kc0dd
    • mlangen
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
        Make sure you've got headphones with a good impedance match; that makes a huge difference.  If you're not operating portable, an inexpensive set of amplified computer speakers does a nice job.

        GL es 73,

        Mark -- WA9ETW

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
          K8IQY's Enhanced Manhatten Islander is a very good audio amp
          for that purpose, easy to build and lots of gain. The kit
          has been retired but the excellent documentation is here.
          http://www.wa0itp.com/ Larry Pryzyborwski, K3PEG, created
          one of the best manuals I've ever seen for it. The link to
          it is on the main page.

          Another good option is to build up a TDA7052A amp. Very few
          part , quiet, and 40db gain.
          Back to the bench, Winter's too valuable to waste
          I love this radio stuff !
          72, 73 Terry, WAØITP
          www.wa0itp.com
          www.4sqrp.com
          www.qrpspots.com

          | has any one tryed to get more audio out of this little guy
          ? kc0dd

        • WA0ITP

            | K8IQY's Enhanced Manhatten Islander is a very good audio
            amp
            | for that purpose, easy to build and lots of gain. The kit
            | has been retired but the excellent documentation is here.
            | http://www.wa0itp.com/ Larry Pryzyborwski, K3PEG, created
            | one of the best manuals I've ever seen for it. The link
            | it is on the main page.
            |
            | Another good option is to build up a TDA7052A amp. Very
            few
            | part , quiet, and 40db gain.
            | -------------------------------------------------------------------
            | Back to the bench, Winter's too valuable to waste
            | I love this radio stuff !
            | 72, 73 Terry, WAØITP
            | www.wa0itp.com
            | www.4sqrp.com
            | www.qrpspots.com

          • rustytrap2003
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
              tx mark old ears not what they used to be! but they still hold up my glasses hi hi jim kc0dd

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, mlangen <mlangen@...> wrote:

              > Make sure you've got headphones with a good impedance match; that makes a huge difference. If you're not operating portable, an inexpensive set of amplified computer speakers does a nice job.
              >
              > GL es 73,
              >
              > Mark -- WA9ETW
              > mlangen@...

            • Fred Maas
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
                Do you know what would be a good impedance match for the ATS3B?

                Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM

                Make sure you've got headphones with a good impedance match; that makes a huge difference.  If you're not operating portable, an inexpensive set of amplified computer speakers does a nice job.

                GL es 73,

                Mark -- WA9ETW

                  I'll have to check my best-performing set (they're still packed away in the field box).  My imperfect recollection is that they're fairly hi-Z Sonys.

                  Mark -- WA9ETW

                  Do you know what would be a good impedance match for the ATS3B?

                  Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM

                    Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
                        Terry:
                        I am starting to get request for the Tenna Dipper. It was a great seller
                        at one time. In fact we sold it for 3-4 years. You think about starting
                        another run.
                        Gene

                        Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM

                          Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM

                          Make sure you've got headphones with a good impedance match; that makes a huge difference.  If you're not operating portable, an inexpensive set of amplified computer speakers does a nice job.

                          GL es 73,

                          Mark -- WA9ETW

                            duh!!!! terry thanks forgot i have one of them .if you remember was asking you how i could turn it down  man    OLD AGE IS GREAT
                            MAKE NEW FRIENDS EVERY DAY

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 5, 2010
                              I've borrowed my son's Ipod earphones... they work great on the 3 and 4.

                              --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

                              To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com

                              Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:43 AM