Re: KD1JV just released from hospital

  • ScottC
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 7, 2010
      Get better soon. Sounds like the perfect setup for qrp dxpidition. Directly from your bed. Think how many of us would want that qso!
      Rest up, my friend.
    • Doug Phillips
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 8, 2010
        Good thing you decided to go see the doc when you did Steve! Take it
        easy and slow until you feel 100% again.

        73, Doug W7RDP
      • Cy Currier
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 8, 2010
          hi Steve,
          I thought you looked a little "peaked" at FDIM but didn't say anything. you don't seem to ever get anything simple but always a weird " how the hell did this happen" kind of illness.
          take care of yourself. possibly a little better than you have. we don't want anything screwing up Lobsta Con. see u then. i'll see if i can scare up some kind of a care package to keep your mind occupied while you can't do anything. take care of yourself, my friend,
          Uncle Cy-K1TES

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 9, 2010
            Steve,

            Take care of yourself indeed!

            I just read the mail and heard of your hospital stay.

            Coincidentally I just out my ATS3B on the air for the first time a half hour ago.

            Great rig as always!

            Joe E., N2CX
          • k6jeb
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 9, 2010
              Holy solder smoke Steve, that's downright scary!!

              My Dad had a similar encounter and has since fully recovered and is probably outside working on his garden right this minute.

              Let us know if you need anything and if there's anything we can do.

              I wonder if you tried tuning-up anything at the hospital? hi hi

              Get well and don't worry about the productive stuff for a while.

              72/73 and best wishes to you
              Jack, K6JEB

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

              > Hi Gang,
              >
              > I had a close call recently and you might have lost me. A couple of days into my hiking trip I wasn't feeling well so decided to go home. Once home I was feeling really bad so went to a doctor, who sent me right to the ER as it was obvious to him I had Jaunius. This turned out to be caused by an infected abcess on my liver.
              >
              > 10 days of laying in a hospital bed getting AB IV's and countless blood tests, they finally decided I was well enough to send home and continue on oral Anti-bodies, so thats where I am now. Though it will be a week or two before I can start doing anything productive again.
              >
              > 72, Steve KD1JV

            • Michael St. Angelo
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 9, 2010
                Steve,

                I just got to read my mail. We wish you the best and take care of yourself!

                73,

                Mike N2MS
              • John Aeiker
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 9, 2010
                  Good to hear you are doing better now Steve.  I've been reading Dennis' book and thinking of you on the Trail, not realizing you weren't on i!.  Hope your recovery goes well.  You'll be in our prayers!

                  John
                  WA8HSB
                • John Paul
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 10, 2010

                    Steve:

                    Sorry to hear you went through that.  Get Well soon OM.

                    Will be listening for you on the bands.

                    JohnPaul/AB4PP