Made a RTTY QSO on 40m

  • Hide
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2010
      Steve,

      Fortunately I made the first RTTY QSO with JA5SQH,400km away
      by using Pocketdigi,DIDI-2 mode now.Offset and BFO is set to
      625Hz and no problem with rx/tx frequency.

      I'm calling "CQ" in BEACON mode now on 18087.5kHz.

      ja9mat hidehiko.
    • Dohn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2010
        What does this mean for those of us that are electrically handicapped?What connection(s) need to be corrected on the reader board in order to get things going. I'm almost there in my build.

        Dohn N8EWY

        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

        > Hidehiko,
        >
        > It didn't work for me either! But I found out why. The signal from Pocketdigi needs to be on the DOT pin not the dash pin for the ATS-4! How this got reversed is a mystery to me. I might have ment to change it in the frimware and forgot, or was going to change the manual and forgot.
        >
        > Sorry for making you go nuts trying to fix this problem.
        >
        > And there may be another bug when in this mode after doing a transmit, with rows of black bars aprearing on the display if you use the tune buttons. This might just be because I'm using really weak batteries at the moment to test, but I have a feeling something isn't being put back right when coming out of transmit. However, since you can do most everything from directly with Pocketdigi, it shouldn't be a problem.
        >
        > Steve KD1JV

      • Steven
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9, 2010
          If your refering to the new stand alone CW/PSK reader, you have to follow the instructions and pictures in the new manual, here in the files section or the one refered to on my web site which came with the kit.

          If your refering to the ATS-4 kit, no changes are needed. TO make the pocketdigi interface work, the signal from the interface needs to go to the dot input instead of the dash input as stated in the manual.

          Steve KD1JV