Re: ATS-4 Digital Mode2 not work

  • Hide
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2010
      Hi Steve,

      Thanks for quick info!!!
      OK no problem.

      From this morning I re-soldered the CPU chip and also re-wind
      the L17 and L18 for 17m band.

      And NOW I have your revised info.
      I've fixed the problem of DIGI2 mode.

      Of course I can send both PSK and RTTY with using the Pocketdigi.
      And the good decoding using another receiver of K2 with using MM-Vari
      software.

      I was very surprised I can send Japanese 2byte code from Pocketdigi.
      Its screen can not display Japanese but the decoded signal is really
      Japanese on my MM-Vari. hi.

      On 40m band we always use Japanese with PSK QSO.
      So it's very useful for me!

      Well I use Delta44 PCI bus sound card and set its output level
      to middle and pocketdigi's TX Volume to 70%, this is good!

      And on 17m band I got about 4W at Vcc=13.6V still lower than
      expected but better than the first situation.
      I re-wind L17 and L18 with narrower and closer.

      So I use another functions in this weekend and report here.

      Thanks again, ja9mat Hidehiko.

      > It didn't work for me either! But I found out why. The signal from > Pocketdigi needs to be on the DOT pin not the dash pin for the
      > ATS-4! How this got reversed is a mystery to me. I might have ment > to change it in the frimware and forgot, or was going to change the > manual and forgot.
    • Hide
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2010
        Steve,

        Fortunately I made the first RTTY QSO with JA5SQH,400km away
        by using Pocketdigi,DIDI-2 mode now.Offset and BFO is set to
        625Hz and no problem with rx/tx frequency.

        I'm calling "CQ" in BEACON mode now on 18087.5kHz.

        ja9mat hidehiko.
      • Dohn
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2010
          What does this mean for those of us that are electrically handicapped?What connection(s) need to be corrected on the reader board in order to get things going. I'm almost there in my build.

          Dohn N8EWY

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

          > Hidehiko,
          >
          > It didn't work for me either! But I found out why. The signal from Pocketdigi needs to be on the DOT pin not the dash pin for the ATS-4! How this got reversed is a mystery to me. I might have ment to change it in the frimware and forgot, or was going to change the manual and forgot.
          >
          > Sorry for making you go nuts trying to fix this problem.
          >
          > And there may be another bug when in this mode after doing a transmit, with rows of black bars aprearing on the display if you use the tune buttons. This might just be because I'm using really weak batteries at the moment to test, but I have a feeling something isn't being put back right when coming out of transmit. However, since you can do most everything from directly with Pocketdigi, it shouldn't be a problem.
          >
          > Steve KD1JV

        • Steven
          Message 4 of 7 , May 9, 2010
            If your refering to the new stand alone CW/PSK reader, you have to follow the instructions and pictures in the new manual, here in the files section or the one refered to on my web site which came with the kit.

            If your refering to the ATS-4 kit, no changes are needed. TO make the pocketdigi interface work, the signal from the interface needs to go to the dot input instead of the dash input as stated in the manual.

            Steve KD1JV