Operating /p next week

  • James Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
      I'll be out in Dearborn, Michigan Sunday evening through Wednesday evening and will have my 3B along with me.  Look forward to meeting any of you as K9JWV/p.  I'll have a 40 meter dipole along and looking to try the rig out from the hotel on 40, 30 and 20 meters.

      So, keep your ears open for me.  72, Jim R. K9JWV
    • Milton Riutort
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
        Alexander:

        After reading your email I need to say, what a nice feeling, YES! Now you are bite by the same QRP bug we all are. These feeling is very excite and even with this low sun spots season. Try a simple inverted V dipole on this simple pole setup and you will see some DX's taking your call.

        ATS-3B is one of the cool radio I have here. If I want to  go light outside hunting DX's, this is the radio.

        Try a 12v (8 AA batteries) power supply to see near 4 watts of power output. Remember not to exceed the 12v power supply limit. This setup drop easy below the 12vdc to a more safety power supply level and can maintain a good power level during a lot of contacts. But 9vdc battery is very easy to carry and safe power supply to operate the radio too.

        Keep having fun!

        Milton
        wp4dqk/qrp

        On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM, spitleaf <alexander.edblad@...> wrote:

        Hi guys,

        Maybe some of you remember my previuos postings here, when I couldn't get the the transceiver to work. I got an email from Dale Putnam who said that he was willing to help me out, so I sent it to him.

        A couple of weeks ago I got it back, and today I made 20m vertical antenna which I deployed in the garden, using a 5m fishing rod as mast.

        I called cq a numerous of times but no one got back to me. I was aboout to give up when I thought that I should scan the band one more time. I heard EW5WFF calling cq so I made a try - and he heard me straight away!! It was just a quick RST exchange. But wow, my fishing rod antenna and single 9V battery made it from Sweden to Belarus. It's nothing special about that, exept it was not only my first CW contact, it was also my first radio contact ever!

        Special thanks to Dale, my hero ;)

        Best regards

        Alexander SA5BFZ

        --
        Milton Riutort
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
          That is terrifficc... awesome, wonderful Alex...
          and Jim is getting rave reviews too,
          Thank you both for letting me help,
          simply that.
          Just,