Re: [AT_Sprint] ATS-3b works, and first contact made - ever!!

  • James Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
      Awesum, Alexander - love this ATS-3B.  Have had it up and running for two weeks and just love the way it works, once I got use to no dial - Hi Hi.

      Dale has helped me out beaucoup as well so my hat's off to him as well.

      73s Jim R. K9JWV

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
        I'll be out in Dearborn, Michigan Sunday evening through Wednesday evening and will have my 3B along with me.  Look forward to meeting any of you as K9JWV/p.  I'll have a 40 meter dipole along and looking to try the rig out from the hotel on 40, 30 and 20 meters.

        So, keep your ears open for me.  72, Jim R. K9JWV
      • Milton Riutort
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
          Alexander:

          After reading your email I need to say, what a nice feeling, YES! Now you are bite by the same QRP bug we all are. These feeling is very excite and even with this low sun spots season. Try a simple inverted V dipole on this simple pole setup and you will see some DX's taking your call.

          ATS-3B is one of the cool radio I have here. If I want to  go light outside hunting DX's, this is the radio.

          Try a 12v (8 AA batteries) power supply to see near 4 watts of power output. Remember not to exceed the 12v power supply limit. This setup drop easy below the 12vdc to a more safety power supply level and can maintain a good power level during a lot of contacts. But 9vdc battery is very easy to carry and safe power supply to operate the radio too.

          Keep having fun!

          Milton
          wp4dqk/qrp

          --
          Milton Riutort
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2009
            That is terrifficc... awesome, wonderful Alex...
            and Jim is getting rave reviews too,
            Thank you both for letting me help,
            simply that.
            Just,