Rough start... sort of.

  • kc4gia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 8:45 PM
      I finally got finished populating my ATS-3b.1. This reflow method of soldering is very cool.

      Anyway, L3 is wound and awaiting it's chance. I plugged it into a 9v battery and heard my 8 in the headphones. I notice the display is not right - it shows a 9. I'm guessing it's not quite straight enough. Looked good, but the little trons aren't happy. Ok - I can live with that for now... Test keying next. I get good sidetone, but no voltage in the keying circuit. This could truly limit my enjoyment of this little rig!

      I'm a bit uncertain as to how the voltage is getting to Q1. I don't see any on either side of D4. I have reheated many of the solder joints hoping to find a cold one but I'm swinging blindly at this point. My troubleshooting skills are limited, so I guess I'll need some elmering.

      Thanks,
      Mark
      KC4GIA

      PS - Went hiking on the AT today - I'm really looking forward to the day that I can add some radio to my little excursions!