ATS-3 in Korea

  • n4eo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006
      My ATS-3 is with me in HL9 land.
      I'm at Yongsan, in central Seoul at the HQ of the 8th Army
      and the 121 General Hospital, where I am TDY for 54 days.
      I will be attempting to get license here early next week.
      I hear a ham works in S-3, where such things are done.
      I will be attempting to load a wire dropped out of 9th floor
      window at the Dragon Hill Lodge (on post) and tuned with the
      ALT tuner (www.qrpkits.com) and running about 3 watts.
      I forgot my paddles so I am looking for a ham store,
      but no luck in making contact with anyone on the ground
      who has such knowledge yet.
      With 6 millions souls in Seoul, I'm sure to find a paddle!
      72,
      Jerry N4EO/KH6, now HL9?? I hope.
    • Steve/n0tu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006
        > With 6 millions souls in Seoul, I'm sure to find a paddle!
        > 72,
        > Jerry N4EO/KH6, now HL9?? I hope.

        Good luck Jerry on the piece of paper making it legal to launch a
        signal! Hope you find a paddle!! If not I'm sure someone here would be
        willing to ship you one! Steve/n0tu