Re: Click Pix

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
      According to my scope, the click is present in a big way at the output
      of the first audio stage, U3 pin 1. (I'm seeing the same click
      everyone else is seeing.)

      Dave
    • Michael Harnage
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
        Don't have a scope here at work but wonder if you can
        see the click at the output of U2 (mixer)?

        Here is another thought: Perhaps the mute line is
        being coupled to the audio chain somehow due to
        routing?

        -mike/w1mt

        --- Dave <dmertz@...> wrote:

        > According to my scope, the click is present in a big
        > way at the output
        > of the first audio stage, U3 pin 1. (I'm seeing the
        > same click
        > everyone else is seeing.)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Archie Lamb
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
          Two points:
          o The infamous click is present on several "QRP" rigs in a similar
          manner. I believe Steve even comments about that somewhere on his
          site. My SW-40 hurts my ears with headphones on.
          o The click (as described in this train) is NOT present (barely
          discernible) in the ATS-3A I built. I would assume therefore that it
          is either a 'build up of tolerances' or some of us are just 'lucky'
          (not likely).

          These comments are not meant to discourage further searching, but to
          suggest that a solution may require a 'creative solution' to be
          applied at the trouble source. Perhaps one that would be useful in
          other QRP rigs as well.

          Archie (KX5X)
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
            --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

            > Don't have a scope here at work but wonder if you can
            > see the click at the output of U2 (mixer)?

            I think I see it on the outputs (pins 4 and 5) of U2 as well, but,of
            course, at a lower level.

            There is very little click on 80, 30 and 20M, but it's somewhat
            pronounced on 40M (L1F, L2F and C3F have altered values on my 40M
            module, but I don't think that's a factor).

            Dave, WA3OFF