Re: problems with ats3b

  • dave3wave
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Steven Weber <kd1jv@...> wrote:

      > >I took the cap away -> no success, the same behavior..... There was
      > >abt. 0.3V at pin8 of u6.
      >
      > Check the pull up resistor to that pin. Bad connection to the pull up
      > resistor and you won't have the 3.5V on the pin! You should measure
      47K to
      > the 3.5 V supply to pin 8 of the MPU. If you don't then there is no
      > connection to the resistor!
      >

      > 72,
      > Steve, KD1JV
      > "Melt Solder"
      > White Mountains of New Hampshire
      > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

      Hi Steve
      The pull up resistor is R43 - correct? Between pin2 and pin7 of u6 I
      have exactly 47kOhm. R43 seems to be ok.

      David
    • dave3wave
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

        > You could try reflashing the program into the MPU.
        > Steve detailed a nice simple way to do it with nothing
        > more that some resistors and cabling. Search the
        > archive for a description. But I think there is still
        > soemthing else wrong. Can you take a closeup detailed
        > picture of this section of the board and post it
        > somewhere? Or send direct to my email address?
        >
        > If you use flux while building the board it may be
        > worth while to clean the board. I have use a soft
        > toothbrush with acetone with success. Got to be
        > careful with some of the plastic parts though. :) The
        > smt parts can handle it though.
        >
        > What is your power supply? If it's a 9v rectangular
        > battery try something with a little more ooomph and
        > see what happens.

        Hi Mike
        I cleaned the board with acetone. I took 12V dc: always the same
        situation: pin8 0.3-0.5V and pin9 3.5V.

        David

        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

      • dave3wave
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
          Hi
          I'm for the next 3 days offline.
          @Mike: I'll do it with the photos.

          David
        • dave3wave
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Steven Weber <kd1jv@...> wrote:

            > >I took the cap away -> no success, the same behavior..... There was
            > >abt. 0.3V at pin8 of u6.
            >
            > Check the pull up resistor to that pin. Bad connection to the pull up
            > resistor and you won't have the 3.5V on the pin! You should measure
            47K to
            > the 3.5 V supply to pin 8 of the MPU. If you don't then there is no
            > connection to the resistor!
            >

            > 72,
            > Steve, KD1JV
            > "Melt Solder"
            > White Mountains of New Hampshire
            > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

            Hi Steve
            I'm back aganin. I have 47kOhm between pin2 and pin9 (dot) but I have
            abt. 2 MOhm between pin2 and pin8 (dash)!!
            Between pin2 and pin7 I have 47kOhm. R43 seems to me ok.

            David
          • Michael Harnage
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
              Recheck soldering on R39.

              -mike

              --- dave3wave <dabrog@...> wrote:

              > Hi Steve
              > I'm back aganin. I have 47kOhm between pin2 and pin9
              > (dot) but I have
              > abt. 2 MOhm between pin2 and pin8 (dash)!!
              > Between pin2 and pin7 I have 47kOhm. R43 seems to me
              > ok.
              >
              > David

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • dave3wave
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

                > Recheck soldering on R39.
                >
                > -mike

                Hi Mike
                I measured the resistanc over R39 and got abt. 2 MOhm (instead of
                47kOhm!). The resitor is labled with 473 - that's ok. I took R39 away
                and it seams R39 is dead. I have no 47kOhm-smd-resistor here. I tried
                it with a normal one.... no chance.
                I'll look tomorrow for a new one

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                  >I measured the resistanc over R39 and got abt. 2 MOhm (instead of
                  >47kOhm!). The resitor is labled with 473 - that's ok. I took R39 away
                  >and it seams R39 is dead. I have no 47kOhm-smd-resistor here. I tried
                  >it with a normal one.... no chance.
                  >I'll look tomorrow for a new one

                  Send me a SASE and will replace the resistor. In the mean time, you can
                  tack in a 1/4 watt resistor, putting one end on the dash tap of the jack
                  and the other to any convenient place which has the 3.5V supply on it.
                  Value is not critical, anything between say 10K and 100K will work for now.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 7, 2008

                    > Send me a SASE and will replace the resistor. In the mean time, you can
                    > tack in a 1/4 watt resistor, putting one end on the dash tap of the jack
                    > and the other to any convenient place which has the 3.5V supply on it.
                    > Value is not critical, anything between say 10K and 100K will work
                    for now.

                    > 72,
                    > Steve, KD1JV
                    > "Melt Solder"
                    > White Mountains of New Hampshire
                    > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

                    Hi Steve
                    I got one from my qrl. Now it's ok. The paddles works perfectly! With
                    the correct schematics was it easy to find the problem. Tnx for the help.

                    David