Re: [AT_Sprint] Re: problems with ats3b

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
      >I took the cap away -> no success, the same behavior..... There was
      >abt. 0.3V at pin8 of u6.

      Check the pull up resistor to that pin. Bad connection to the pull up
      resistor and you won't have the 3.5V on the pin! You should measure 47K to
      the 3.5 V supply to pin 8 of the MPU. If you don't then there is no
      connection to the resistor!

      72,
      Steve, KD1JV
      "Melt Solder"
      White Mountains of New Hampshire
      http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com
    • dave3wave
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Steven Weber <kd1jv@...> wrote:

        > >I took the cap away -> no success, the same behavior..... There was
        > >abt. 0.3V at pin8 of u6.
        >
        > Check the pull up resistor to that pin. Bad connection to the pull up
        > resistor and you won't have the 3.5V on the pin! You should measure
        47K to
        > the 3.5 V supply to pin 8 of the MPU. If you don't then there is no
        > connection to the resistor!
        >

        > 72,
        > Steve, KD1JV
        > "Melt Solder"
        > White Mountains of New Hampshire
        > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

        Hi Steve
        The pull up resistor is R43 - correct? Between pin2 and pin7 of u6 I
        have exactly 47kOhm. R43 seems to be ok.

        David
      • dave3wave
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

          > You could try reflashing the program into the MPU.
          > Steve detailed a nice simple way to do it with nothing
          > more that some resistors and cabling. Search the
          > archive for a description. But I think there is still
          > soemthing else wrong. Can you take a closeup detailed
          > picture of this section of the board and post it
          > somewhere? Or send direct to my email address?
          >
          > If you use flux while building the board it may be
          > worth while to clean the board. I have use a soft
          > toothbrush with acetone with success. Got to be
          > careful with some of the plastic parts though. :) The
          > smt parts can handle it though.
          >
          > What is your power supply? If it's a 9v rectangular
          > battery try something with a little more ooomph and
          > see what happens.

          Hi Mike
          I cleaned the board with acetone. I took 12V dc: always the same
          situation: pin8 0.3-0.5V and pin9 3.5V.

          David

          > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

        • dave3wave
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 3, 2008
            Hi
            I'm for the next 3 days offline.
            @Mike: I'll do it with the photos.

            David
          • dave3wave
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Steven Weber <kd1jv@...> wrote:

              > >I took the cap away -> no success, the same behavior..... There was
              > >abt. 0.3V at pin8 of u6.
              >
              > Check the pull up resistor to that pin. Bad connection to the pull up
              > resistor and you won't have the 3.5V on the pin! You should measure
              47K to
              > the 3.5 V supply to pin 8 of the MPU. If you don't then there is no
              > connection to the resistor!
              >

              > 72,
              > Steve, KD1JV
              > "Melt Solder"
              > White Mountains of New Hampshire
              > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

              Hi Steve
              I'm back aganin. I have 47kOhm between pin2 and pin9 (dot) but I have
              abt. 2 MOhm between pin2 and pin8 (dash)!!
              Between pin2 and pin7 I have 47kOhm. R43 seems to me ok.

              David
            • Michael Harnage
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                Recheck soldering on R39.

                -mike

                --- dave3wave <dabrog@...> wrote:

                > Hi Steve
                > I'm back aganin. I have 47kOhm between pin2 and pin9
                > (dot) but I have
                > abt. 2 MOhm between pin2 and pin8 (dash)!!
                > Between pin2 and pin7 I have 47kOhm. R43 seems to me
                > ok.
                >
                > David

                Be a better friend, newshound, and
              • dave3wave
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                  --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harnage <w1mt@...> wrote:

                  > Recheck soldering on R39.
                  >
                  > -mike

                  Hi Mike
                  I measured the resistanc over R39 and got abt. 2 MOhm (instead of
                  47kOhm!). The resitor is labled with 473 - that's ok. I took R39 away
                  and it seams R39 is dead. I have no 47kOhm-smd-resistor here. I tried
                  it with a normal one.... no chance.
                  I'll look tomorrow for a new one

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 6, 2008
                    >I measured the resistanc over R39 and got abt. 2 MOhm (instead of
                    >47kOhm!). The resitor is labled with 473 - that's ok. I took R39 away
                    >and it seams R39 is dead. I have no 47kOhm-smd-resistor here. I tried
                    >it with a normal one.... no chance.
                    >I'll look tomorrow for a new one

                    Send me a SASE and will replace the resistor. In the mean time, you can
                    tack in a 1/4 watt resistor, putting one end on the dash tap of the jack
                    and the other to any convenient place which has the 3.5V supply on it.
                    Value is not critical, anything between say 10K and 100K will work for now.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 7, 2008

                      > Send me a SASE and will replace the resistor. In the mean time, you can
                      > tack in a 1/4 watt resistor, putting one end on the dash tap of the jack
                      > and the other to any convenient place which has the 3.5V supply on it.
                      > Value is not critical, anything between say 10K and 100K will work
                      for now.

                      > 72,
                      > Steve, KD1JV
                      > "Melt Solder"
                      > White Mountains of New Hampshire
                      > http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com

                      Hi Steve
                      I got one from my qrl. Now it's ok. The paddles works perfectly! With
                      the correct schematics was it easy to find the problem. Tnx for the help.

                      David