power plug issues resolved

  • shadle
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
      Once again, I prove how dopey I can be sometimes.

      I met some resistance when shoving the plug in the jack and didn't
      want to press it in further. When I kept on pushing it went in quite
      snugly and everything is good to go now.

      <sigh>

      Sorry to waste the bandwidth.

      -john

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "radio_kx0r" <careyfuller@...> wrote:

      > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, John Shadle <shadle@> wrote:
      >
      > John,
      >
      > Does this bad connection happen with the rig mounted in a box, or on
      > the unmounted board?
      >
      > If the rig is in a box, make sure that the power plug can go deep
      > enough into the receptacle - the board has to be mounted at the very
      > end of the box for the connectors to mate correctly. The two corners
      > of the power-plug end the board must be rounded to make it possible
      > to fit the board in correctly. The manual describes this.
      >
      > If the poor connection happens on the unmounted board, it indicates a
      > problem inside one of the power connectors - if the connector to the
      > battery looks OK, it might be the receptacle on the board.
      >
      > Be sure the power plug's inserted far enough.
      >
      > Has anyone else seen this problem?
      >
      > KX0R
      > Carey Fuller
      >
      > > Whenever I apply power to the rig by plugging in the 9V battery I
      > have
      > > to twist the plug in the jack and hold it in a certain position
      > before
      > > the rig comes alive. If I let go of the plug and let it sit where
      > it
      > > wants, there is no power. Clearly I can't hold the plug at an angle
      > and
      > > operate the rig...
      > >
      > > Anyone have suggestions as to the remedy to this problem?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > > -john W4PAH

    • john
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
        That plug seems to fit VERY tightly. I have to push more than Im accustomed
        to , in order to get it seated.

        John K5MO