Re: [AT_Sprint] Search for builders

  • Mark Langenfeld
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 12, 2007

      > Does the Altoids tin give it mojo or is there another popular housing?
      > Thank you and 73,
      > Paul

      While there are a number of other nice housing options, there's no question that an Altoids tin will make your sigs "curiously strong."

      72,

      Mark -- WA9ETW
      --
      CoreComm Webmail.
      http://home.core.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2007
        I wrote an article about other enclosures for our local ham radio club
        newsletter. You can download it at: http://ppraa.org/downloads.php
        Look for the September issue for mojo housing.

        73 as always...

        Jackie AC0CA

        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <k7nhb@...> wrote:

        > Clint Eastwood once said, "...A man's got to know his
        limitations..." I recently tried to build a simple solar power
        regulator (about 10 parts) and needed a magnifier to read the standard
        resistors.

        > So,is there an acknowledged list of potential builders for the
        > AT_Sprint? Or would the best way be to read past posts, see who have
        > built several and inquire if they would like to build one more?
        >
        > Does the Altoids tin give it mojo or is there another popular housing?
        > Thank you and 73,
        > Paul

      • Jim Fraser
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2007
          So you don't have to search like I did, Jackie is referencing the
          September 2006 newsletter, not 2007.

          Jim K6JF

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "fixnwrtr" <jcornwell@...> wrote:

          > I wrote an article about other enclosures for our local ham radio
          club
          > newsletter. You can download it at: http://ppraa.org/downloads.php
          > Look for the September issue for mojo housing.
          >
          > 73 as always...
          >
          > Jackie AC0CA
          >

          > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <k7nhb@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Clint Eastwood once said, "...A man's got to know his
          > limitations..." I recently tried to build a simple solar power
          > regulator (about 10 parts) and needed a magnifier to read the
          standard
          > resistors.
          > >
          > > So,is there an acknowledged list of potential builders for the
          > > AT_Sprint? Or would the best way be to read past posts, see who
          have
          > > built several and inquire if they would like to build one more?
          > >
          > > Does the Altoids tin give it mojo or is there another popular
          housing?
          > > Thank you and 73,
          > > Paul

        • Karl Larsen
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2007
            Jim Fraser wrote:
            > So you don't have to search like I did, Jackie is referencing the
            > September 2006 newsletter, not 2007.
            >
            > Jim K6JF
            >
            > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "fixnwrtr" <jcornwell@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I wrote an article about other enclosures for our local ham radio
            >>
            > club
            >
            >> newsletter. You can download it at: http://ppraa.org/downloads.php
            >> Look for the September issue for mojo housing.
            >>
            >> 73 as always...
            >>
            >> Jackie AC0CA
            >>

            >> --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <k7nhb@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Clint Eastwood once said, "...A man's got to know his
            >>>
            >> limitations..." I recently tried to build a simple solar power
            >> regulator (about 10 parts) and needed a magnifier to read the
            >>
            > standard
            >
            >> resistors.
            >>
            >>> So,is there an acknowledged list of potential builders for the
            >>> AT_Sprint? Or would the best way be to read past posts, see who
            >>>
            > have
            >
            >>> built several and inquire if they would like to build one more?
            >>>
            >>> Does the Altoids tin give it mojo or is there another popular
            >>>
            > housing?
            >
            >>> Thank you and 73,
            >>> Paul

            Paul I was the first to order the ATS3B kit from Steve but then
            about a month later my hands got a bad jitter. Went to my Doctor and he
            was no help. Another Doctor now has me on med's and it seems to be
            working. So I turned off my order. I think it was the best move.

            So be careful who you tap.

            --

            Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
            Linux User
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
              Karl,
              Does the second doctor build AT_Sprint kits?
              73,
              Paul

              > Paul I was the first to order the ATS3B kit from Steve but then
              > about a month later my hands got a bad jitter. Went to my Doctor and he
              > was no help. Another Doctor now has me on med's and it seems to be
              > working. So I turned off my order. I think it was the best move.
              >
              > So be careful who you tap.
              >

              > Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
              > Linux User
              > #450462 http://counter.li.org

            • Karl Larsen
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
                Paul wrote:
                > Karl,
                > Does the second doctor build AT_Sprint kits?
                > 73,
                > Paul

                Heck no, he isn't a Ham and so no.

                --