Self-resetting Overcurrent Protector

  • KB2TQX, Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      These solid state, self-resetting overcurrent protectors look ideal
      for the ATS3. I think they would be ideal companions for Li-Po packs
      where srious currents could flow.

      http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/RXE-065/search/RESETTABLE_CIRCUIT_PROTECTOR_0.65_-_1.3_AMP_.html

      Dave
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007

        http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/RXE-065/search/RESETTABLE_CIRCUIT_PROTECTOR_0.65_-_1.3_AMP_.html

        The biggest issues with these are the Rmin of 0.31 ohms (a tenth of a
        volt or two drop in our application during Tx) and they recover to a bit
        higher Rmin after tripping. But they certainly would provide a measure
        of protection and the automatic reset would be handy in a field
        environment.

        Dave