RE: [AT_Sprint] Re: ATS-4 locked in straight key mode

  • Mike Olbrisch
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2013
      I'm just thinking out loud here.... but IIRC, it goes to straight key mode
      when you power it up with two contacts shorted at the key jack.

      Was it me - I would use an ohm meter and probe around the key connections -
      looking for something shorting it.

      Could still be a shorted processor input, but the jack and wires is a simple
      thing to look at before brain surgery.

      Hope this helps.

      Vy73 - Mike - KD9KC.
      El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.
      W5-SOTA Association Manager.
      NA-SOTA info: http://na-sota.org/

      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2013
        Quoting pgschreier <aa1mi@...>:

        > I did play around by changing bands and using the SP button and
        > finally got it out of RIT mode so I can tune again.
        >
        > However, I'm still stuck in straight key mode.
        >
        > How does one go about giving an ATS-4 a brain transplant, if it
        > comes to that?

        Looking through the Group message archive (which is always a good
        thing to do for cases like this) it appears to have happened to other
        people, it's something to do with saving the state when in straight
        key mode.

        The way to get out of it appears to be to power up the rig with the
        menu button held down.

        If that doesn't fix it then I'd suspect a hardware fault with the key
        input lines, hopefully it's not actually a microprocessor input that
        is damaged.

        Colin G8TMV
      • pgschreier
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2013
          Hi all,

          Thanks for all the advice.

          It turned out to be a mechanical/wiring error. Probably too much bouncing around in my backpack or something. Who knows?

          Anyway, things are back to normal (for the moment) and I can start using my ATS4 with it's hot rx once again.

          73
          Paul