Re: another MTR report

  • jgaffke
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
      Lost my bet. That's more than just a low pass filter. A quick simulation in LT Spice with coil inductances reduced 10% shows some drop in power.
      Jerry, KE7ER

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "jgaffke" <jgaffke@...> wrote:
      > That transmit filter is a low pass filter. If tweaking the coils raises the output power, I'd bet it's a matter of raising the corner frequency (by reducing the inductance).
    • n1rx
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
        I'm pretty sure it's a 50 ohm in/out low pass filter with a harmonic trap. That's the function of the capacitors across the coils.
        Bruce, N1RX