Re: MSP430 for the ATS-4B

  • jgaffke
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19 3:59 PM
      I don't have an ATS-4B, but you can almost read the print
      on the MSP430 shown on page 11 of the ATS-4B manual.
      Looks like "M430F1232". The pin spacing is the same as the
      74AC02, so it's the 28 pin DW package. My MTR has the
      smaller 28 pin PW package, same pin spacing as the ADS9834.

      I couldn't find an MSP430F1231 mentioned on the TI website.

      Check out pages 2,3,47,51 of the TI MSP430F1232 data sheet:
      http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/slas361d/slas361d.pdf

      My guess is you want the MSP430F1232IDW, and that the
      missing "I" simply indicates Industrial temperature range.
      As opposed to the wimpier Commercial temperature range
      which is not available on this part.

      Good luck programming it. I think you will need the old
      parallel port programmer, and that USB to parallel adapters
      won't work.

      Jerry, KE7ER