MTR #171 up and running

  • Joseph Trombino, Jr
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2013
      Howdy Gang:

      In spite of myself (and the errors on the board and the manual) I got MTR s/n 171 up and running FB.

      Love the little case....much better than an Altoids tin...nice job on that Steve, KD1JV.

      Unit fired up and all the smoke stayed in the parts (grin) calibration went without a hitch and front end aligned up easily with my HP8656B sig gen.

      This is gonna be a sweet little rig to take to the field...will give my KX3 some rest time and the MTR will play just fine with my PAR EFHW for 40/20/10M.

      I keep saying I will never again build and SMD kit...these 68 year old eyes sure needed some help from my OptiVisors...but if Steve ever comes out with another run of the ATS4B I will probably break down and give it a try.

      Wish I could say I have taken to these little parts...just don't sneeze around them and all is fine!!

      Now to get out to the field for some fun with the new MTR.

      73, Joe W2KJ