Wire suggestions?

  • Gil WA5YKK
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
      Steve, et all,

      Allow me to shift the focus of the group for one item that is
      confusing. I'm trying to find "genuine copper strand speaker wire", the
      type that Rad Shacque used to sell in bulk, now I look at Internet
      references and am aghast at the fact that we often by copper clad
      aluminum wire! It took half an hour to find a source of real and heavy
      copper wire, got a lot of projects to play with for my speakers, and
      copper clad won't do the job, my salt air component in my environment
      causes early failure, the copper goes bad, then the aluminum turns to
      dust. There is no fooling Mother Nature, that plain ole physical
      chemistry does the same thing now as it did when I first had problems
      with a soldered connection!
      Anyone who knows of an outfit that handles the best wire, kindly
      reply to me directly, off the group listing.

      Thanks for the bandwidth,

      73's
      Gil WA5YKK (Someday, I'll get all the ATS rigs going!)