Re: Updated MTR_2 manual

  • Keith Hamilton
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
      Great! Thank you Steve!
      Anything to avoid confusion helps!

      73. Keith N8CEP

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

      > Updates:
      > Added missing R45 location and value to resistor placement page.
      > Corrected color code for 150 pfd chip caps (BRN/GRN/BRN)
      > Corrected duplicate capacitor designation in LPF componet value chart.

    • Gil G.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
        Ha! Thank you Sir. I think that might be why I have low power on 40m and a bit less on 20.
        I inverted C76/C75! It seemed logical to use C76=150 on the old manual…
        Hopefully that will solve my problem. I suspect I wouldn't have been the last builder to do this..

        On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Keith Hamilton wrote:

        Great! Thank you Steve!
        Anything to avoid confusion helps!

        73. Keith N8CEP

        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

        > Updates:
        > Added missing R45 location and value to resistor placement page.
        > Corrected color code for 150 pfd chip caps (BRN/GRN/BRN)
        > Corrected duplicate capacitor designation in LPF componet value chart.

      • bill_w4zv
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
          I started building my MTR a few weeks ago and my 9 year old soldering station gave up the ghost. I'm now ready to go again but in the interim I see there have been several documentation issues discovered in the most current manual (dated 2 April 2013). Before I begin again:

          1. Steve, will there be a second revision of the manual beyond the current one?

          2. If not, has anyone kept track of the issues? Before I go through all the posts myself, has anyone already done this that would share their list?

          73, Bill W4ZV

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

          > Updates:
          > Added missing R45 location and value to resistor placement page.
          > Corrected color code for 150 pfd chip caps (BRN/GRN/BRN)
          > Corrected duplicate capacitor designation in LPF componet value chart.

        • Lee Hiers
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013

            Steve started a 500 mile hike on the AT last week, so I don't know if he'll be in touch for a while or not.

            73 de Lee, AA4GA

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
              Just saw this on FB from Steve:

              In Hiawassee, GA 68 miles up the AT. Six days and a bit to get here. Temps have been brisk in the AM. Only one day of cold rain so far. Might get another soon. Time to go shopping for next leg of the hike.

              --
              Lee Hiers, AA4GA
              Submit your totals to the unofficial QRP DXCC standings - go to www.qrpdx.com for more info!