Re: [AT_Sprint] Re: What Key Will You Use with the MTR?

  • XV4Y
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 25, 2013
      Add my vote to American Morse Equipment.
      When I asked the same question a little less than a year ago, my short list was between the Te Ne Ke and one of the AME.
      The TeNeKe seemed great but I was worried by the two springs being exposed while I leave the paddle into my bag.
      Finally the AME paddles seemed sturdier and easier to fix in case something got broken.

      I bought one Dirt Cheap Paddle and assembled it.
      It is a very fine piece of equipment and if you give it a little finishing, very good looking too. It can send comfortably up to 20wpm which is my speed anyway.
      Its design is simple, but well thought. Nothing comparable to a "desk paddle", but like for the ATS/MTR it was not designed for this.
      I can send with the right hand while the left hand keep it still on the table. I will not do contesting like this but as the ATS/MTR have keyer memories, you are not obliged to send all the exchanges "by hand".
      I recommend it, I think the price/quality ratio is unbeatable.
      The PortaPaddle is an improvement of course, but for me the budget was important...

      Here a full article (in French) with pictures :
      http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/2013/01/10/manipulateur-iambic-en-kit-le-dirty-cheap-paddle-dame-suite/

      73,
      Yan - XV4Y.
      ---
      Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y
      New online shop for kits and more
      http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/boutique/

      Le 26 mars 2013 à 06:21, Peter Martin a écrit :

      > Another vote for the American Morse Porta Paddle.
      > Lovely little key and not that expensive either.
      > Iuse mine with my ATS4b and MTR
      >
      > http://dadedaditdadadeda.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-key.html
      >
      > Pete
      > G4ISJ

    • n0hj
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 27, 2013
        Could we change the subject line to reflect what is actually being discussed?
        I think this topic thread has been hijacked for a while.

        72 - john - n0hj