RE: [AT_Sprint] MTR SOLD OUT! no more orders please!

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013
      hmmm...12 steps to more radios....???

      well.. just thinking out loud....

      Have a great day,

      --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

      I think I've created a monster, hi.

      Or an addiction. Do we need to start a 12 step program?

      Steve
      Steve  -  you have truly created a Cult !

      72 de Grant/KT6L

    • Johnny Matlock
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013
        I might be in for that Dale "more radios"
        Hi hi
        Johnny AC0BQ

        On Wednesday, March 20, 2013, Dale Putnam wrote:

        hmmm...12 steps to more radios....???

        well.. just thinking out loud....

        Have a great day,

        --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

        I think I've created a monster, hi.

        Or an addiction. Do we need to start a 12 step program?

        Steve
        Steve  -  you have truly created a Cult !

        72 de Grant/KT6L

      • Gil WA5YKK
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013
          Dale;

           Here's a zinger for ya - my Dad built his version of a family house, starting in 1938, took him four years to do the whole job. To get to the upstairs area where we live, you have to climb 12 steps to the second story porch. I don't regard that as "12 steps for a program", but there is a strange part about my life, my Dad was a fishing fanatic, he would go out "to try catching a nice one for dinner", and actually stay our all night long! I forgot how many times he arrived back home, two long "stringers" of fish, grinning like a sane man.
             When I first tried to set up my ham radio dipoles, I wondered why I couldn't hear anything the second day, he had "torn down those wires, he hated the whole idea, it made more sense to go fishing". My persistence is all that kept me going, then my Mom made him leave my radio antennas alone. To this day, I have the creepy feeling that "casting out a hook to bring in a big fish" is a form of mental illness!

          Enjoy playing with the MTR, keep Steve busy!

          73's
          Gil WA5YKK

          On 3/20/2013 8:56 PM, Dale Putnam wrote:

          hmmm...12 steps to more radios....???

          well.. just thinking out loud....

          Have a great day,

          --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

          I think I've created a monster, hi.

          Or an addiction. Do we need to start a 12 step program?

          Steve
          Steve  -  you have truly created a Cult !

          72 de Grant/KT6L

          _

        • Michael Wyman
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013

            And I wanted an MTR too. . . .

            * _   (

            *       (

            no rest  for the weary . . .

            72 de W1DRY

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013
              Right there with you. Darn wife's car being in the shop and having to take her
              to work kept me off my e-mail this morning or I would have got one. Hopefully
              when he's rested up from this batch he'll get motivated for another run. Well,
              I was eying the Tri-Bander to compliment my other QRP rig anyway.

              Jason - N6WBL

              On 03/20/2013 08:15 PM, Michael Wyman wrote:

              > And I wanted an MTR too. . . .
              >

              > * _ (
              >
              > * (
              >

              > no rest for the weary . . .
              >

              > 72 de W1DRY
            • Colin Tuckley
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                Quoting Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...>:

                > Or an addiction. Do we need to start a 12 step program?

                You can build an MTR in only 12 steps?

                Colin G8TMV
              • Colin
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                  More like build one in 12 days for me - I'm very particular!

                  Colin, M0CGH

                  --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Colin Tuckley <colin@...> wrote:

                  > Quoting Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...>:
                  >
                  > > Or an addiction. Do we need to start a 12 step program?
                  >
                  > You can build an MTR in only 12 steps?
                  >
                  > Colin G8TMV

                • Colin Tuckley
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                    Quoting Colin <m0cgh@...>:

                    > More like build one in 12 days for me - I'm very particular!

                    I think it took me about a month to build my ATS-3B (incl the band modules).

                    Part of that is because I still work full-time, part because it was my
                    first smd kit and part because I was doing it for fun so if I was a
                    bit tired I didn't do any that day.

                    Colin G8TMV
                  • win_ker
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

                      > Once again, that didn't take long. I really wish I could offer an infinate number of these, but then they would no longer be special, eh?
                      >
                      > Thanks for all the interest and orders!!
                      >
                      > 72, Steve KD1JV

                      Wow, good work Steve. They really did go quick, I've been watching on a daily basis for new messages, except for the day that counted, I was building a Weber Tribander and got too absorbed in the soldering, oh the iron-y.

                      Well, good luck to those happy few.

                      Tribander should be qrv this weekend.

                      73,

                      Ian MM0GYX
                    • ve3wmb
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                        Steve :

                        Out of curiosity, how many kits were there in this run of MTRs?

                        I got #97 so I am guessing that there were at least 100?

                        Was it more than that ?

                        Michael VE3WMB

                        P.S. I really like the look of the new enclosure ... Ten Tec does a great job !
                        This is a very worthwhile addition for those of us that are metal-working
                        challenged ;-)

                        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

                        > Once again, that didn't take long. I really wish I could offer an infinate number of these, but then they would no longer be special, eh?
                        >
                        > Thanks for all the interest and orders!!
                        >
                        > 72, Steve KD1JV

                      • John DeJournett
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                          I got #115, so I'm assuming there were at least 120, maybe 150.

                          John, KD0JXN

                          On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM, ve3wmb <mbabineau@...> wrote:

                          Steve :

                          Out of curiosity, how many kits were there in this run of MTRs?

                          I got #97 so I am guessing that there were at least 100?

                          Was it more than that ?

                          Michael VE3WMB

                          P.S. I really like the look of the new enclosure ... Ten Tec does a great job !
                          This is a very worthwhile addition for those of us that are metal-working
                          challenged ;-)

                          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

                          > Once again, that didn't take long. I really wish I could offer an infinate number of these, but then they would no longer be special, eh?
                          >
                          > Thanks for all the interest and orders!!
                          >
                          > 72, Steve KD1JV

                        • James Fehling
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013

                            I'm 143 so at least 150

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 21, 2013
                              149. #150 is mine. Serial numbers will actually start at 151, since there
                              were also 150 in the first batch last year.

                              Yes, Ten-Tec did a great job and at a fairly resonable price for a small
                              run. I sent them a cardboard model of what I had in mind for a case and
                              they took it from there, making some significant improvements.

                              The last couple of parts I need showed up today, so I had best go back to
                              work...

                              Steve KD1JV

                              > Out of curiosity, how many kits were there in this run of MTRs?
                              >
                              > I got #97 so I am guessing that there were at least 100?
                              >
                              > Was it more than that ?
                              >
                              > Michael VE3WMB
                              >
                              > P.S. I really like the look of the new enclosure ... Ten Tec does a great
                              > job !
                              > This is a very worthwhile addition for those of us that are metal-working
                              > challenged ;-)
                            • Klaus-Peter
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 24, 2013
                                I´ve watched out for the kit over several months - now I didn´t care for one day ...
                                How unfortunate for me !

                                73, Klaus-Peter, DJ4DI