Re: Tribander on 60m

  • win_ker
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
      > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
      > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
      > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
      > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
      >
      > KD1JV

      Peter & Steven,

      Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.

      Many thanks for the direction.

      Ian, MM0GYX
    • win_ker
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "win_ker" <ian@...> wrote:

        > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
        > > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
        > > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
        > > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
        > > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
        > >
        > > KD1JV
        > >

        > Peter & Steven,
        >
        > Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.
        >
        > Many thanks for the direction.
        >
        > Ian, MM0GYX

        Steven,

        I may have been a little hasty, I can see the details regarding 60m now in the manual, I notice there are 5 channels representing the US shared allocation. They are fixed frequencies and if the tuning is altered it amounts to a 900hz RIT function only. I would like to operate with my NOV and observing the UK 5 meg whiteboard within the region 5.285 - 5.264 Mhz for cw. I assume this is what Peter has configured his mtr to do.

        Regards,
        Ian, MM0GYX
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
          laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
          to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
          about 5 unused bytes left.

          KD1JV

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2013
            --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

            > Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
            > laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
            > to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
            > about 5 unused bytes left.
            >
            > KD1JV

            Hi Steven,

            Ok that's understood, many thanks for getting back to me.

            73,
            Ian, MM0GYX