Re: [AT_Sprint] Tribander on 60m

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
      I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
      the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
      new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
      the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
      either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.

      KD1JV

      >I know an MTR has been modified for 60m, I just wonder if a Tribander has
      >had the same treatment. I've ordered one for 30, 17 and 15m but would like
      >to replace 30m with 60m for sota activations. I have 30m covered with
      >another rig.
      >
      > I'm assuming I'd need some new firmware and obviously some work on the low
      > pass filtering.
      >
      > 73,
      > Ian MM0GYX

    • win_ker
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

        > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
        > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
        > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
        > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
        > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
        >
        > KD1JV

        Peter & Steven,

        Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.

        Many thanks for the direction.

        Ian, MM0GYX
      • win_ker
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "win_ker" <ian@...> wrote:

          > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
          > > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
          > > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
          > > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
          > > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
          > >
          > > KD1JV
          > >

          > Peter & Steven,
          >
          > Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.
          >
          > Many thanks for the direction.
          >
          > Ian, MM0GYX

          Steven,

          I may have been a little hasty, I can see the details regarding 60m now in the manual, I notice there are 5 channels representing the US shared allocation. They are fixed frequencies and if the tuning is altered it amounts to a 900hz RIT function only. I would like to operate with my NOV and observing the UK 5 meg whiteboard within the region 5.285 - 5.264 Mhz for cw. I assume this is what Peter has configured his mtr to do.

          Regards,
          Ian, MM0GYX
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
            laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
            to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
            about 5 unused bytes left.

            KD1JV

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13, 2013
              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

              > Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
              > laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
              > to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
              > about 5 unused bytes left.
              >
              > KD1JV

              Hi Steven,

              Ok that's understood, many thanks for getting back to me.

              73,
              Ian, MM0GYX