Re: [AT_Sprint] Tribander on 60m

  • Peter Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013

      On 11 Mar 2013 19:42, "win_ker" <ian@...> wrote:

      > I know an MTR has been modified for 60m, I just wonder if a Tribander has had the same treatment. I've ordered one for 30, 17 and 15m but would like to replace 30m with 60m for sota activations. I have 30m covered with another rig.
      >
      > I'm assuming I'd need some new firmware and obviously some work on the low pass filtering.
      >
      > 73,
      > Ian MM0GYX

      Ian,
      See message below that Steve sent to me when querying filter component values.
      It appears that 60 is already a tribander option.
      Pete
      G4ISJ
      ----------------------------

      On 16 Jan 2013 23:51, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
      These are the values I came up with to put the Tribander on 60M, but are for
      producing 5 watts at 13.8V supply.

      The PA side inductor value will likely need to be changed and the number of
      turns redone for a T30-2 core:

      PA > 680p (20 turns on T37-2) 1200 p (20 turns T37-2 || 150 p) 680 p  > ANT

      As far as the receiver side I used 22 ufd inductors with 70 pfd trimmers.
      Since the trimmers on the MTR are only 30 p, pad approperately.

      Steve KD1JV

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
        the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
        new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
        the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
        either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.

        KD1JV

        >I know an MTR has been modified for 60m, I just wonder if a Tribander has
        >had the same treatment. I've ordered one for 30, 17 and 15m but would like
        >to replace 30m with 60m for sota activations. I have 30m covered with
        >another rig.
        >
        > I'm assuming I'd need some new firmware and obviously some work on the low
        > pass filtering.
        >
        > 73,
        > Ian MM0GYX

      • win_ker
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

          > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
          > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
          > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
          > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
          > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
          >
          > KD1JV

          Peter & Steven,

          Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.

          Many thanks for the direction.

          Ian, MM0GYX
        • win_ker
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "win_ker" <ian@...> wrote:

            > --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm not sure if Doug has started shipping kits with the processor which has
            > > the 60M band included or not. If you just ordered it, ask Doug to send the
            > > new processor if it is not already in there. I have not checked to see if
            > > the online manual has been updated to include the 60M band data or not
            > > either. If it does, then the kit will likey have the new frimware in it.
            > >
            > > KD1JV
            > >

            > Peter & Steven,
            >
            > Thanks for the replies, Steven I have just emailed Doug querying the processor. I also notice the manual has 60m option detailed on the spec. page. It wasn't an option on the order page, I'm reading on.
            >
            > Many thanks for the direction.
            >
            > Ian, MM0GYX

            Steven,

            I may have been a little hasty, I can see the details regarding 60m now in the manual, I notice there are 5 channels representing the US shared allocation. They are fixed frequencies and if the tuning is altered it amounts to a 900hz RIT function only. I would like to operate with my NOV and observing the UK 5 meg whiteboard within the region 5.285 - 5.264 Mhz for cw. I assume this is what Peter has configured his mtr to do.

            Regards,
            Ian, MM0GYX
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
              Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
              laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
              to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
              about 5 unused bytes left.

              KD1JV

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2013
                --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

                > Sorry then, your out of luck. I had to configure the band to comform to US
                > laws and I can't have two options on how to use the band. I was barely able
                > to squeeze in the US channel configuration into the chip, I think there are
                > about 5 unused bytes left.
                >
                > KD1JV

                Hi Steven,

                Ok that's understood, many thanks for getting back to me.

                73,
                Ian, MM0GYX