Re: [AT_Sprint] FS: MTR

  • J Brown
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 10, 2013
      I will buy if not already sold

      73,
      Jerry N4EO

      On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM, on7bny <on7bny@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      cleaning up the desk... have an unbuild MTR gathering dust. Still did not find the time to build it, and anyway realizing my ATS4 meets my needs more than an MTR. Maybe someone has a better use for it than me?
      Price = $100 + shipping cost (tbd).
      The ti launchpad you'll get as bonus.
      Please contact me off-list, emails will be processed in order of arrival...

      best regards,

      Benny.

    • James Fehling

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 10, 2013
          tnx for all who have mailed, but the MTR has been spoken for...

          --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "on7bny" <on7bny@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > cleaning up the desk... have an unbuild MTR gathering dust. Still did not find the time to build it, and anyway realizing my ATS4 meets my needs more than an MTR. Maybe someone has a better use for it than me?
          > Price = $100 + shipping cost (tbd).
          > The ti launchpad you'll get as bonus.
          > Please contact me off-list, emails will be processed in order of arrival...
          >
          > best regards,
          >
          > Benny.

        • Robin Kidd
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 26, 2013
            Well I did not think I would do this but I need to sell my brand new MTR
            built by Dale Putnam. Just am not using it. So it needs to go to
            someone who will. Price $200. Please respond off list to me if
            interested. Thank you Dale.

            --
            72/73,
            Robin Kidd
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 26, 2013
              On 11/26/2013 14:12, Robin Kidd wrote:

              Well I did not think I would do this but I need to sell my brand new MTR
              built by Dale Putnam. Just am not using it. So it needs to go to
              someone who will. Price $200. Please respond off list to me if
              interested. Thank you Dale.

              --
              72/73,
              Robin Kidd
              W4IEN
              w4ien@...
              678-488-9655

              The MTR has been sold.

              --
              72/73,
              Robin Kidd
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                Hi - I lost a large portion of my computer system, and along with it all
                my passwords, etc. I have tried to log on to Yahoo Groups with my ID,
                but when I try to change my password, I am told that it is weak, and not
                acceptable, so I can't continue. I have tried entering random groups of
                letters and numbers (8 to 32 characters), but no matter what I try, I
                cannot generate a password that is suitable for Yahoo. I would like to
                contact the moderator, but I do not know how. Any suggestions? Thanks,
                John, W7COI
              • Hank Greeb
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                  Choose a random set of letters, special characters, and numbers, like
                  j4^j*rz#x_H%@
                  That's what I've been doing to ensure a "strong" password.

                  72/73 de n8xx Hg
                  QRP >99.44% of the time

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                    On 11/28/2013 10:07 AM, Hank Greeb wrote:

                    Choose a random set of letters, special characters, and numbers, like
                    j4^j*rz#x_H%@
                    That's what I've been doing to ensure a "strong" password.

                    72/73 de n8xx Hg
                    QRP >99.44% of the time

                    On 11/28/2013 12:30 PM, John Kenney wrote:
                    Hi - I lost a large portion of my computer system, and along with it all
                    my passwords, etc.  I have tried to log on to Yahoo Groups with my ID,
                    but when I try to change my password, I am told that it is weak, and not
                    acceptable, so I can't continue.  I have tried entering random groups of
                    letters and numbers (8 to 32 characters), but no matter what I try, I
                    cannot generate a password that is suitable for Yahoo.  I would like to
                    contact the moderator, but I do not know how. Any suggestions? Thanks,
                    John, W7COI

                    Hi - That's what I have been doing since early this morning.  I just hit random numbers, upper/lower case letters and special symbols.  I try to keep it at or just under 32 characters.  Nothing seems to be good enough for Yahoo.  John
                  • jgaffke
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013

                      Here's the yahoo password requirements:

                          http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN5681

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                        FYI, and for all the AT_Sprint members,  I very successfully changed my password to j4^j*rz#x_H%@ with no difficulty.  Sorry, but I cannot help any more.

                        Note, unless I have difficulty changing the password the second time, my password will NOT be
                        j4^j*rz#x_H%@ when this is read. :)

                        72/73 de n8xx Hg
                        QRP >99.44% of the time

                        On 11/28/2013 1:22 PM, John Kenney wrote:
[...]

                      • Mike Olbrisch
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013

                          That is funny Hank, because from now on when I think of you, j4^j*rz#x_H%@ will come to mind.

                          Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.

                          El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.

                          W5-SOTA Association Manager.

                          NA-SOTA info: http://na-sota.org/

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                            On 11/28/2013 10:26 AM, jgaffke@... wrote:

                            Here's the yahoo password requirements:

                                http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN5681

                            ---In at_sprint@yahoogroups.com, <johnkenney@...> wrote:
                            ... when I try to change my password, I am told that it is weak, and not acceptable ...
                            Hi - Using the password reset site for that URL got me "restricted access" so I can't try again for 24 hours.  When I hit the "NEXT" button I go to a Yahoo site that informs me I have important messages from "sexygirl" and other strange/suspicious individuals.  Thanks anyway, John
                          • Alan Dove
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                              Hey, folks:

                              When I joined this list I didn't realize there'd be so much profanity on it.

                              --Alan (N3IMU)

                              --
                              Alan Dove, Ph.D.
                              Web: turbidplaque.com

                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013
                                John:

                                Sounds like you have a malicious "Redirect Virus" which is causing your problem with Yahoo.

                                If the virus hasn't screwed with restore points, use windows restore, choose a restore point as far back as is listed on your computer,  This might be all you need. Windows Restore has saved me several times from such mischief.

                                Check your computer for a virus, using something like Hitman Pro.  Best to download Hitman Pro on a "known clean" computer which is different from the computer which is giving you problems.  Hitman Pro has a trial version which is usable for 30 days without payment.  If you like it as I do, you might even buy it.

                                There's another totally free malware/virus programme called Malware Bytes, but Hitman Pro seems to do much better.

                                72/73 de n8xx Hg
                                QRP >99.44% of the time

                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 28, 2013

                                  Could well be malware.  Nasty.

                                  Perhaps verify by trying to reset the password on some other hopefully clean computer.

                                  If they somehow now have access to your yahoo account, they might have access to things like your amazon account, or whoever you communicate with through your yahoo account.