Re: [QRP-L] Recommendation wanted: Best simple 40M QRP kit/project with VFO

  • jgaffke
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
      I'm very interested in any numbers you come up with, please post them.
      However, as you note, personal preference is a very big part of it.
      If you want a compact SSB phone rig on a budget, the Survivor looks
      very nice. But the MTR has an incredibly stable DDS VFO even in
      severe conditions, and is optimized in many ways for the more
      QRP friendly CW mode. If you're out backpacking for a couple months,
      a miniscule receive current is more than just another number.
      And for me at least, it mostly comes down to a personal preference
      for the rig that is more fun to operate. Whatever that means.
      Jerry, KE7ER