Switches on MTR

  • radio_kx0r
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      MTR Guys,

      I just cut the plastic actuators on my MTR so they're about 1mm high now.

      Just take a sharp pair of flush cutters and cut them neatly.

      Why?

      The actuators are meant to go through a moderately thick panel. With an Altoids box they're too high. They're likely to be broken off in the field or in the pack. If they're broken, they will probably break off too low to be easily moved.

      Also they're easily bumped when the rig is on.

      They feel nice at 1 mm. Nothing is lost but a little bit of plastic...
      Your choice.

      Thanks to whoever it was that posted this vulnerability earlier...

      72
      George Carey Fuller
      KX0R