MTR on 60 Metres (5 Mhz)

  • randoneur
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
      A group member has kindly cut me the code to place my MTR on 5Mhz.
      I received my TI Launchpad today, so will be in a position to flash it in the next few days.

      I've been looking at the I/O filters and trying to calculate what is needed for the band change.
      I've come up with some values for components but would be interested if anyone has a quick way to model the filters before I heat the soldering iron up.
      The rig isn't the ideal test bed, so if someone has values that work at 5Mhz I'd be grateful to compare notes.

      Regards

      Pete
      G4ISJ
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
        These are the values I came up with to put the Tribander on 60M, but are for
        producing 5 watts at 13.8V supply.

        The PA side inductor value will likely need to be changed and the number of
        turns redone for a T30-2 core:

        PA > 680p (20 turns on T37-2) 1200 p (20 turns T37-2 || 150 p) 680 p > ANT

        As far as the receiver side I used 22 ufd inductors with 70 pfd trimmers.
        Since the trimmers on the MTR are only 30 p, pad approperately.

        Steve KD1JV

        >A group member has kindly cut me the code to place my MTR on 5Mhz.
        > I received my TI Launchpad today, so will be in a position to flash it in
        > the next few days.
        >
        > I've been looking at the I/O filters and trying to calculate what is
        > needed for the band change.
        > I've come up with some values for components but would be interested if
        > anyone has a quick way to model the filters before I heat the soldering
        > iron up.
        > The rig isn't the ideal test bed, so if someone has values that work at
        > 5Mhz I'd be grateful to compare notes.

      • Colin Tuckley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
          Quoting paradoxpete.pdm@...:

          > A group member has kindly cut me the code to place my MTR on 5Mhz.
          > I received my TI Launchpad today, so will be in a position to flash
          > it in the next few days.

          Since I suspect the code would be of interest to others please ask the
          author to post it to the ATSprint group files section. I suspect parts
          of it are applicable to other ATS rigs too.

          > I've been looking at the I/O filters and trying to calculate what is
          > needed for the band change.
          > I've come up with some values for components but would be interested
          > if anyone has a quick way to model the filters before I heat the
          > soldering iron up.

          Ditto, please let us know how you get on.

          Colin G8TMV
        • Peter Martin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
            On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Steven Weber <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:
            These are the values I came up with to put the Tribander on 60M, but are for
            producing 5 watts at 13.8V supply.

            The PA side inductor value will likely need to be changed and the number of
            turns redone for a T30-2 core:

            PA > 680p (20 turns on T37-2) 1200 p (20 turns T37-2 || 150 p) 680 p  > ANT

            As far as the receiver side I used 22 ufd inductors with 70 pfd trimmers.
            Since the trimmers on the MTR are only 30 p, pad approperately.

            Steve KD1JV

            Steve,
            Many thanks.
            I'll play around with those values.
            I take it you mean 22uH inductors, not 22ufd!

            Any news on a second run of MTRs.
            It would probably be just as easy for me to build a new one for 80/60 rather than modify my 40/20 one!
            Regards
            Pete
            G4ISJ
          • David
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 19, 2013
              Hi,
              I have uploaded the source file into a folder in the MTR folder.
              Regards, Dave VK2DDJ

              --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, Colin Tuckley wrote:

              > Quoting paradoxpete.pdm@...:
              >
              > > A group member has kindly cut me the code to place my MTR on 5Mhz.
              > > I received my TI Launchpad today, so will be in a position to flash
              > > it in the next few days.
              >
              > Since I suspect the code would be of interest to others please ask the
              > author to post it to the ATSprint group files section. I suspect parts
              > of it are applicable to other ATS rigs too.
              >
              > > I've been looking at the I/O filters and trying to calculate what is
              > > needed for the band change.
              > > I've come up with some values for components but would be interested
              > > if anyone has a quick way to model the filters before I heat the
              > > soldering iron up.
              >
              > Ditto, please let us know how you get on.
              >
              > Colin G8TMV

            • f6ddv
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 20, 2013
                Hello to all
                I am a beginner in how to modify the program to change the band on ATS 3A for example, I have a ATS3A.
                Even if he can not make a lot of W, for example, replace the 80 m band claiming too long antenna cell by a shorter band.
                I would have probably build a new small printed circuit board and I have no picture of the circuit to the positive burn another card.
                And even if I wanted to make another just for testing, is that someone with that?
                Regards to all for this new year 2013
                jean-paul F6DDV