JFK registration opens today, 1 July

  • Ron Bowman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hope you've been saving your money. $145; about $2.80 per mile.

      Small caveat this year as well "From July 1-8, only entries from military personnel, military veterans and past JFK 50 Mile participants with a minimum of five-official-finishes will be accepted —documentation of this status must accompany each entry. Any entry postmarked prior to July 9 —that does not meet the aforementioned criteria—will be rejected. After July 8, entries will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Race Organizers expect the field to be filled by the end of July if not sooner."
      ron
    • Laura Falsone
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        No thanks.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
          Hey Ron - do you or others know of any other 50 milers within striking distance to Maryland that take place in mid-to-late November to mid-December?

          Timing-wise for my schedule, that's the best time to ramp up for a 50, but beyond JFK, I am not finding much out there.

          I'd be more excited about JFK if the whole race were like the AT section--the C&O Canal Towpath was mental/psychological torture. I prefer physical torture (aka single-track,switchbacks, trails, hills).

          Appreciate any thoughts.

          Thanks!

          Mike Valliant
        • triannapolis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
            Ron, I went to the website to download the registration ... not there, any other ideas?

            --- In ATRunners@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Bowman" <lynnron1@...> wrote:

            > Hope you've been saving your money. $145; about $2.80 per mile.
            >
            > Small caveat this year as well "From July 1-8, only entries from military personnel, military veterans and past JFK 50 Mile participants with a minimum of five-official-finishes will be accepted —documentation of this status must accompany each entry. Any entry postmarked prior to July 9 —that does not meet the aforementioned criteria—will be rejected. After July 8, entries will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Race Organizers expect the field to be filled by the end of July if not sooner."
            > ron

          • Ron Bowman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
              Jeremy;
              I just downloaded the app myself. Go to www.jfk50mile.org then scroll down mid page. YOu will see Race Informaiton and Application: Work or PDF. By clicking on one of those you should get the application, which is 7/7 pages. Mike does not do online registration - heathens.
              ron