Re: [ATRunners] NEW - Rosaryville Trail Run, 12 July 2009

  • kathy zephir
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10 4:12 PM
      That sounds wonderful!!!  Well, for me I can't do a 50K but a 25K is definitely doable.  Love the idea of having it there - it's perfect.
      Kathy

      You are the first to know!! We have a "Go" for the first Annapolis area official trail run. Mark your calendar for 12 July for the Rosaryville 50k. We intend to include other distances also. I would really like a shorter distance race for those looking to get "familiar" with trail running but not ready for the longer distances.
      We are looking at 50k (3 loops), 25k (2 loops), 15k (1 loop); 10K (1/2 loop). Please give me your thoughts, and any other comments, suggestions. There will be a entry fee, mainly to cover the Park Pavillion charges, charity donations. Something like $30.
      Look for the registration on Active.com and blupointtiming. com soon.
      Excited!
      Ron

    • Rene Cover
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10 4:41 PM
        Count me in for the 50K!

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 14 5:16 PM
          Ron -- how about initial price in the $20 dollar range -- with the option to buy shirt separately and the option to bring home your own special rock from the trail or parking lot verses a medal

          Jim

          To: ATRunners@yahoogroups.com
          From: kzephr@...
          Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:12:54 -0700

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 16 7:58 AM
            ALL;
            I have to charge enough to cover costs (rental, support stop items, etc.)so we can't make TOO low. How about $25 pre-register and $35 race day; with pre-register having the option to buy a shirt at probably $15 up to 10 days before race day (to facilitate ordering/deliver)then have about 20 extra for sale on race day?

            I am looking for some feedback here. We want to grow interest in local trail running, and maybe grow to the point we can have HAT-like premiums.
            Thanks; Ron

            -- In ATRunners@yahoogroups.com, <jjaem@...> wrote:

            > Ron -- how about initial price in the $20 dollar range -- with the option to buy shirt separately and the option to bring home your own special rock from the trail or parking lot verses a medal
            >

            > Jim
            >

            > To: ATRunners@yahoogroups.com
            > From: kzephr@...
            > Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:12:54 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [ATRunners] NEW - Rosaryville Trail Run, 12 July 2009

            > That sounds wonderful!!! Well, for me I can't do a 50K but a 25K is definitely doable. Love the idea of having it there - it's perfect.
            > Kathy

          • triannapolis
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 16 8:19 AM
              Seems more then fair !!! Unfortunately I will be on my way back from the inaugural (iteration number???) Nantucket Triathlon... so I will be looking forward to training on the course with everyone, but can't make the race unfortunately... any last minute interest in joining the crew this weekend going up to Elkton, MD for the Foxcatcher 50K???

              --- In ATRunners@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Bowman" <lynnron1@...> wrote:

              > ALL;
              > I have to charge enough to cover costs (rental, support stop items, etc.)so we can't make TOO low. How about $25 pre-register and $35 race day; with pre-register having the option to buy a shirt at probably $15 up to 10 days before race day (to facilitate ordering/deliver)then have about 20 extra for sale on race day?
              >
              > I am looking for some feedback here. We want to grow interest in local trail running, and maybe grow to the point we can have HAT-like premiums.
              > Thanks; Ron
              >

              > -- In ATRunners@yahoogroups.com, <jjaem@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Ron -- how about initial price in the $20 dollar range -- with the option to buy shirt separately and the option to bring home your own special rock from the trail or parking lot verses a medal
              > >

              > > Jim
              > >

              > > To: ATRunners@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: kzephr@
              > > Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:12:54 -0700
              > > Subject: Re: [ATRunners] NEW - Rosaryville Trail Run, 12 July 2009

              > > That sounds wonderful!!! Well, for me I can't do a 50K but a 25K is definitely doable. Love the idea of having it there - it's perfect.
              > > Kathy

            • Brienne German
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 16 9:01 AM
                Sounds pretty reasonable to me.  Same price for all distances would be the easiest.

                href="mailto:ATRunners%40yahoogroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:ATRunners%40yahoogroups.com">ATRunners@yahoogrou ps.com

              • running.away@verizon.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 16 7:20 PM
                  The price is not bad.
                  I like the rock vs medal idea... maybe we can see who finds the most interesting rock on the run.

                  Myles

                  On Apr 16, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Ron Bowman wrote:

                  ALL;
                  I have to charge enough to cover costs (rental, support stop items, etc.)so we can't make TOO low. How about $25 pre-register and $35 race day; with pre-register having the option to buy a shirt at probably $15 up to 10 days before race day (to facilitate ordering/deliver) then have about 20 extra for sale on race day?

                  I am looking for some feedback here. We want to grow interest in local trail running, and maybe grow to the point we can have HAT-like premiums.
                  Thanks; Ron

                  -- In ATRunners@yahoogrou ps.com, <jjaem@...> wrote:

                  > Ron -- how about initial price in the $20 dollar range -- with the option to buy shirt separately and the option to bring home your own special rock from the trail or parking lot verses a medal
                  >

                  > Jim
                  >

                  > To: ATRunners@yahoogrou ps.com
                  > From: kzephr@...
                  > Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:12:54 -0700
                  > Subject: Re: [ATRunners] NEW - Rosaryville Trail Run, 12 July 2009

                  > That sounds wonderful!!! Well, for me I can't do a 50K but a 25K is definitely doable. Love the idea of having it there - it's perfect.
                  > Kathy

                • Lara Mish
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 17 12:00 PM

                    I would definitely pay $25.  I just need to find a babysitter.