Talking about translator's copyright issues, someone sent me this rather longish article on a very radical form of translation: possessive translation. Havemercedesguhl
Over 250 of us have signed the petition to protect translators' copyright. I think Roger Greenwald's comment on the petition page says it best: "Bothanne_appel
Thank you for this, Ana. I wish my Spanish were good enough to easily read through all the material, but I did find this of interest: “CEATL’s opinion onanne_appel
-Use common sense subject lines to give readers a brief idea of the
content of the e-mail
-Avoid personal messages
-Keep only the section of email you are commenting on in your reply;
delete the rest
-Sign your posting with your full name
-Discuss rates or fees for services
-Advertise your services
-Make negative comments about specific companies or individuals
-Violate copyright laws -- when in doubt assume the selection is
- Translation and Interpretation
- Jan 7, 2010
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.