The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award

  • Lisa Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011

      Hello all,

      The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award long-list was announced today, and I am pleased to be listed for my translation of The Einstein Enigma, by José Rodrigues dos Santos.

      Other translators on the long-list include Margaret Seyers Peden, Jessica Cohen, Susan Bernofsky, Alison Anderson, Barbara Harshav and more. Congratulations to all!

      The 147 eligible nominations come from 122 cities and 45 countries worldwide. 34 are titles in translation, spanning 18 languages and 31 are first novels.

      For more information, I have posted a press release and blog post on my site, and you can see the full long-list here.

      Lisa ;-)

      (PS: Please excuse any potential cross posting if you belong to one or more ATA lists.)

      Lisa Carter
      Literary Translator & Writer
      Sign up for my quarterly newsletter!
    • biadesalles@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
        Hi Lisa,
        Congratulations for this great achievement! It is always good to know our fellow translators are also doing well!
        Kind regards,
        Beatrice de Salles
        http://www.biadesalles.com
        Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

        From: "Lisa Carter" <lisa@...>
        Sender: ATA-LD_Listserve@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:39:49 -0000
        To: <ATA-LD_Listserve@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: ATA-LD_Listserve@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [ATA-LD_Listserve] The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award

[...]

      • Virginia Pérez Santalla
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
          That´s wonderful, Lisa. A great achievement! Congratulations to you and to all other honored translators!

          Virginia

          Virginia Perez-Santalla CT
          ATA Eng>Spa  and Federally Certified
          Spanish/English Translator and Interpreter
          Member of the Board of Directors - American Translators Association
          Commissioner, Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters.
          virginiasps@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
            Wheres the 'like' button on this forum? That is some excellent news. Congratulations to you, Lisa!

            Best,
            --
            May FUNG DANIS
            French > English Translator