Need to know code flow spi driver

  • Ravi Gupta
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012
      Hi all,
      I am trying to see how a spi driver is registered as character device. In linux kernel 2.6.25, in drivers\spi\atmel_spi.c, in the probe function I could not find spi_register_driver(). I would also like to know the code flow for how spi driver registers itself as character device.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Ravi Gupta

      Join Linux Discussions! --> http://Community.LinuxWaves.com
    • vishnu Tadepalli
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012

        Hi Ravi,
        See the file drivers/spi/spidev.c
        Atmel_spi.c is a platform driver and not a spi client driver.
        Regards,
        TVRPrasad
        Technical Lead,
        KPIT