Need Info for Audo controller

  • Ravi Gupta
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
      Hi All,
      Does any body has idea if the mp3 module is present as an embedded controller in ARM7. I want to prepare a low cost board, where I read mp3 files from mmc card and play. I donot want to spend on an external audio decoder to be connected to ARM controller.

      Also please let me know if somebody has idea on PIC32(microchip) controller for the same thing.

      Thanks in Advance,
      Regards,
      Ravi Gupta

      Join Linux Discussions! --> http://Community.LinuxWaves.com
    • Dávid Bacsa
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
        Hi!

        I think this is what you are searching for:

        This project uses the Helix fix point mp3 decoder optimised for 32bit microcontrollers.

        regards,
        Dávid

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
          Hi David,
          The link you sent is using TLV320AIC23B audio codec, but I am looking for a controller(may be ARM or other) which has audio codec embedded in controller itselt, like we have usb stack in AT91SAM7S256.

          Regards,
          Ravi Gupta

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2011
            >>The link you sent is using TLV320AIC23B audio codec, but I am looking
            >>for a controller(may be ARM or other) which has audio codec embedded
            >>in controller itselt, like we have usb stack in AT91SAM7S256.

            >>Regards,
            >>Ravi Gupta

            Ravi,

            The audio codec stated is an "audio" codecs with word lengths of 16, 20, 24, and 32 bits.

            The DACs in any of the 32-bit micros out there have 10-bits DACs.

            Not the best for high fidelity.

            Please check any 32-bit processor available and you will find none with what you are looking for.

            So, an external codec will be required.

            don

            PS: If sound quality is not the goal of your project, then any 10-bit DAC will do.