Montecito Walking Path to reopen 2/4

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 7:22 AM
      Great News for the Montecito Heights Community
      WALKING PATH TO REOPEN

      The Montecito Heights Association to Protect Public Access (MHAPPA)
      is glad to announce that the WALKING PATH linking our neighborhood
      at the end of Montecito Drive will REOPEN
      ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4

      A WORK PARTY will erect a temporary chain link fence and dress up
      the path from the end of Montecito Drive to the public land along
      the property line, starting at 9:00 am this Saturday. Please plan to
      help – and reacquaint yourself with the pleasure of walking on the
      old path.

      This community came together to protect a public access that had
      been in use since the earliest days of Montecito Heights. As access
      to open space becomes more and more compromised in an increasingly
      crowded city, our success is important and notable. It says so much
      about our sense of community and our willingness to work together.

      Thanks must go to so many of our neighbors for providing the
      financial resources to move forward. Our ability to retain a fine
      public access attorney, Paul Ayers, led to a mediated settlement,
      which has saved all of us many thousands of dollars. (We still have
      a gap of a couple of thousand dollars to close, so please help.)

      Join us Saturday morning, meet more neighbors, celebrate!

      Sincerely – and with gratitude to this community,
      Your MHAPPA Board:

      Jack Fenn, President (jackfenn@... or 323-227-
      1182)
      Scott Rubel, Vice-president
      Rose Aleman, Treasurer Bill Benson
      Roberta Garten, Secretary Carol Dunne

      (Donations to MHAPPA c/o Rose Aleman, 1241 Montecito Dr., LA 90031)