Happy New Year & ERNC Holiday Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      EAGLE ROCK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
      Holiday Update 12/30/05

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      As we reflect on 2005 and look forward to a new year, we hope 2006
      will be a time of growth, collaboration, participation and
      appreciation of all of the many individuals, groups, businesses, and
      organizations that make Eagle Rock the best hometown in L.A. We
      feel privileged to be of service to this community and look forward
      to working with all of you towards Eagle Rock's continued success
      and collective, bright future. Best wishes to you and yours for a
      fun, happy, healthy, and successful 2006! Cheers!!!!

      JANUARY ERNC BOARD MEETING ON SPECIAL NIGHT -- TUES. JAN. 10 – Join
      Us!
      Please note, the ERNC January board meeting will be held on Tuesday
      Jan. 10 at 6:30pm in the Eagle Rock Library. The regularly
      scheduled Jan. 3 meeting was rescheduled due to the holiday. Jan. 10
      meeting topics will include budget expenditures; reports from board
      members; appointment of land use members; election of a Vice-
      President from the Board of Directors; selection of election date
      for 2006; review of 2006 election procedures; options for ERNC
      office space; city planning's proposed amendments to the oak tree
      ordinance; committee schedules; and others. Join us! The ERNC will
      resume its regular 1st Tuesday of the month board meeting schedule
      on Tuesday February 7. The committee meeting schedule for 2005 will
      be announced soon, and check the web site www.EagleRockCouncil.org
      for updates.. Happy New Year!!

      CHRISTMAS TREE DISPOSAL GUIDELINES
      The Bureau of Sanitation wishes to remind residents that it is
      illegal to leave Christmas trees at the curb on streets or in
      alleys. TREES LEFT AT THE CURB ON STREETS OR IN ALLEYS WILL NOT BE
      COLLECTED and they also pose a fire hazard. Please recycle your
      Christmas tree by cutting it in pieces and placing it in your green
      yard trimmings container. Trees pieces may extend up to one foot
      above the top of the open container. Flocked trees can not be
      recycled or placed in the green container. Flocked trees should cut
      in pieces and placed in the black container. Residents who cannot
      cut up trees may drop them off at specified drop-off locations. The
      drop-off location nearest Eagle Rock is the Highland Park Senior
      Citizen Center, 6200 York Boulevard. Trees may be dropped off here
      on the weekends of January 7 and 8, and January 14 and 15, 2006 from
      9am to 4pm. Before recycling your tree, please remove all
      ornaments, decorations, tinsel and stand. For more information or
      for additional drop-off locations, call (800) 773-2489 1-800-5-TREE-
      56 or dial 311.

      THANKS FOR NOMINATING STREETS!
      Thanks to all who nominated their street for the special $100,000
      resurfacing program for neighborhood councils. We got a huge
      response to our requests for your input. Lots of streets really
      need attention in Eagle Rock, and though $100,000 sounds like a lot
      of money, it will actually only resurface a few blocks, so these are
      difficult decisions. All nominated streets are being carefully
      considered and the ERNC will make its recommendations to Street
      Services in the coming days. If you did not have a chance to
      nominate your street for this special program, you can always make a
      request for repair or resurfacing by calling 3-1-1. You can also
      access 3-1-1 and all city agencies online through the ERNC web site
      at: http://www.eaglerockcouncil.org/index.php?view=city_services .
      To find out what streets are scheduled to be repaired this year and
      next, as well as those recently completed, go to
      http://www.lacity.org/BOSS/

      MAKE A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION TO GET INVOLVED!
      Make a resolution right now to get involved with your neighborhood
      council and your community --participate on an ERNC committee!
      There are lots of options — something for everyone. You can get info
      about committees by visiting the "Volunteer Opportunities" section
      of the ERNC web site. http://www.eaglerockcouncil.org/?
      view=volunteer_opportunities Please have a look and consider it.
      To volunteer, simply reply to this email. If you have already
      volunteered, but have not heard back from us, please kindly reply
      again as we intend to reply to each request. We look forward to
      working with you!

      Happy New Year!!!!

      ERNC
      EAGLE ROCK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
      Service * Collaboration * Participation
      Your Local Link to City Government
      www.EagleRockCouncil.org

      The ERNC sends periodic notices and community announcements about
      issues of concern to the Eagle Rock area and the community at-
      large. If you have an announcement you'd like to share, please send
      it in advance to Jessica Wethington McLean, Communications &
      Government Relations Officer: info@... If you are
      receiving this notice multiple times, would like your email address
      changed or deleted from our system, or know someone who would like
      to be added, please reply to info@... and let us
      know. Thanks!