Mt Washington Elem. School Chess Club Receives Generous Gift

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      From: Patrushkha@...

      The chess club is one of the after-school programs offered to our
      children. Last year the club had an amazing 98 members out of 534
      students, ranging in age from 5-12 yrs. old. Parent volunteers
      provide free instruction, snacks, and small game boards. After a
      long process of seeking a local sponsor I am pleased to announce the
      chess club has just received a large lawn chess set and playmat
      generously underwritten by Eagle Rock resident Nick Pacheco. The set
      (25" kings) will enchant and inspire children to develop critical
      thinking skills and provide them with an important social
      connection. We hope to use this as a starting point to offer a
      regional competition among schools.
      If you'd like to volunteer one hour per week or underwrite a
      nutritious snack, please contact the chess club through the school
      office, 323 225-8320

      Patrushkha Mierzwa
      Parent Volunteer
      Mt. Washington Chess club