Curbside Composting Service

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2014

      Wed Apr 9, 2014 7:24 pm on nelalist@yahoogroups.com

      Posted by:  kc2la@...

      Hi, all, I have discovered a curbside composting service, Waste Less Living, in Pasadena, that I would dearly love to employ. They send compostables to a commercial facility, so you can even divert things like meat, cheese, bones, and compostable tableware (things you can't compost in the backyard) from the landfill LA County residents and businesses sent something like 9 million tons of waste to landfills last year -- and as much as 2/3 of it could have been composted in the proper facility. I used their service for a Zero Waste party last week, and it was eye opening to me just how much more I could be composting.

      To get Waste Less Living to come to our area for weekly pickups, however, we need at least ten families (or five businesses) to sign up for the service. So far, I have about five friends interested. Check out www.WasteLessLiving.com http://www.WasteLessLiving.com or email me at Cheryl@..., if you would like to know more about the service.