Giving Music September 27

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2013
      Date: Sep 5, 2013 9:34 AM

      Dear Friends,

      On Friday, September 27, come join Giving Music in a night of great music for an even greater cause. Giving Music is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to bringing live, professional quality music to care facilities and social service agencies throughout Southern California. Chances are, one of our groups has given a free performance at a nursing home or hospital near you. We are staffed by music, medical and social service professionals who are dedicated to bringing the joy and healing powers of music to nursing homes, hospitals, VA centers and shelters at no cost to the facilities. Music has the power to relieve pain and depression.  Recent studies demonstrate that even in the most memory-deficient patients, music can spark recollections and evoke positive cognitive responses.  During a Giving Music performance, it’s common for us to see patients who have rarely shown any response to others suddenly tapping their feet and swaying to the music—even  dancing with their caregivers!  We currently give about 75-100 free performances annually. For 2014 we’d like to double that number.  Our immediate goal is to provide the 30 facilities on our roster with joyful music during the coming holiday season, and that’s why we need your help now.

      On Friday, September 27, from 8-11 pm, we will host a live music fundraising event at Henri’s in Canoga Park, during which the Giving Music musicians will perform with celebrity artists. Please join us to hear how you can help us reach our goals. If you can't be with us on September 27, our Go Fund Me site is accepting donations. Go to:

      http://www.gofundme.com/186xuw

      Thank you for your support!

      Friday September 27, 7:30–11:00 pm

      Henri’s Restaurant